HybridZ

I'm bringin sexy back.

Hey I'm just excited about the progress on my 240z so I want to post pics.

Custom engine/transmission mounts.

Arizona z car coilover installation.

I'll post some more stuff in a couple days when the mounts are done, plus more.

240z_005.JPG

240z_008.JPG

240z_012.JPG

240z_014.JPG

240z_018.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

WORD.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

240z_014.JPG

These are some of the prettiest welds I have ever seen. In fact, I think nearly all the welds done on the recent work to the car look like this. Were you the welder?? Excellent work; I doubt anyone can do better.

Davy

240z_014.JPG

These are some of the prettiest welds I have ever seen. In fact, I think nearly all the welds done on the recent work to the car look like this. Were you the welder?? Excellent work; I doubt anyone can do better.

Davy

I have to agree they look sexy....:hail: :drool:

The engine mounts still need a plate on the firewall side and the transmission mount needs the cross bar. Once finished they'll accept the SR20 Nismo isolators for engine and transmission. Should be sick.

The front corners of the oil pan were trimmed to clear the 240z cross member and the drain plug was relocated for accessibility.

The steering shaft is being nudged over to clear the mounts.

More stuff includes full exhaust and fuel cell.

To answer questions:

Yeah, I got the 6-piston fronts.

I wish I was the welder.. Those double pass TIG welds are perfect. And even where he had to MIG the camber plates on.. man they look better than most TIG welds.

The larger upper tube is basically just the fat section of an inverted shock. It's good for Chapman/McPherson struts (like the 240z has) since there are no upper links to support the exposed section from braking loads, and stuff like that. Fatter section is harder to bend.

The roadster is mine too, it's a blast to drive but I need to fix a failing engine mount before I can drive it again.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Is the Roadster a '68 1600? And if so, did you happen to buy it from Doug Platt? That looks just like the one I helped him build several years ago. I know he sold it about 4 years back or so. Also, by the looks of it, do you live in Allied Gardens or Clairemont by chance?

Brian

jdmfairladyzx, id have to measure the sway bar diameter. i dont remember it off hand. and yes, all the bushings are polyurethane. you can just buy the full kit that includes them. the red bushings left on the car are old ones though.

brian, nah i didnt buy it from doug platt. did you happen to build it with a turbo'd KA24?

where did you buy your hakosuka skyline? any if you dont mind, can you send me some pictures of yours? i love that car and would like to know where to look for one when i decide to buy one.

Got some more pics of the completed engine mounts.

This is a great alternative to the crossmember style engine mount and modifying the stock SR mount. Simpler, less material, and can use the SR mounts with a higher durometer.

Man this exciting.. I've had the car for over 2 years now and the engine is finally in.

240z_023.jpg

240z_025.jpg

240z_030.jpg

240z_033.jpg

240z_038.jpg

WORRD.

I've got a little more progress to show for now. I think I'll be taking the car home from the shop after this weekend to give my wallet a break and prep things up for future work. I'm gonna start with mounting zg flares and doing all the fender cutting per austin's write-up just so I can get the car to a good ride height. At that point I'll be in a better position to measure out the fuel cell mounting and the exhaust path.

t/c rod brace:

240z_043.jpg

240z_044.jpg

steering shaft mod:

240z_045.jpg

240z_046.jpg

Check these guys out. Time Machine Racecraft Rates are a tad pricey, but you've all seen the quality work. And this is my first exposure to paying for custom fab work, so wtf do I know. Anyway, they model parts in SolidWorks, have plates CNC plasma cut, use good material and make beastly welds. Meaning good.