HybridZ

ebay Alum heads

Has anyone used these heads seen on ebay or even heard of them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PATRIOT-SBC-CHEVY-ALUMINUM-CYLINDER-HEADS-2-02-VALVES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33617QQihZ016QQitemZ260119839692QQrdZ1

or these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROCOMP-SBC-CHEVY-350-383-190CC-ALUMINUM-CYLINDER-HEADS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33617QQihZ017QQitemZ270121575939QQrdZ

both are around 800 bux assembled

or think its worth it to pay $200 more for edelbrock, RHS, Trick flow, etc?

is there a diffrence?

andy

Guest Gr8White

Compare the flow numbers with the Competitor's heads at the same lift and compare actual valvetrain components with each setup- apples to apples so to speak to get an idea of how much value you are actually getting.. I'm still laughing at the comment that these will accept a 5.50 lift cam! I'm sure it's a typo (.550) but if these guys can't even get their numbers right on their ad, how good is the actual product?......Actually these may be pretty good, don't have any experience or know anybody with these heads, so my intent is not to dog these. I like to stick to proven designs, but I'm not much of a gambler. The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the cheap price is forgotten.

Get the AFR's....

I can tell you from experience to steer clear of those heads. You get what you pay for. Yeah, they might flow that but at what vacuum. Come to think of that I knew a girl that could................ well, that's another story, but she had great vacuum!

AFR's baby, the only way to fly, ask anyone that has some, oh, I have 3 sets. Or Brodix, ask anyone that has some, oh, I have a set of those too.

bitchin heads cost more but you get more.

Thanks fellas, i kinda figured that... ill price out some afr's

If you're interested in some Edelbrock heads a friend of mine has a set of 70cc aluminum. He got them as payment for some work he did on a SBC powered Jag. He says they have about 15,000 miles and thinks they are straight plug, he will check that when he gets home. He planned to use them but when he discovered they were 70cc they wouldn't work for his engine and he didn't want to get new pistons since he had just built the engine. He would like $375 plus shipping. Send me a PM and I'll give you his email if you're interested.

Quality of a head is somewhat dependant of what your needs are. Know what kind of flow you'll need for your Cam,intake,exhaust combination and see if the numbers work for your individual combo. Many people dont need all of the flow they buy.... but many also want to consider quality for future growth in their projects.

Beware of "as cast" heads sold on ebay and other websites as this means they havent had any of the necesary cnc machine work and milling to be productive..

theres no question that the TRICKFLOW, BRODIX, or AIR FLOW RESEARCH are FAR better quality cylinder heads and WELL WORTH the extra cost, in fact I run TRICKFLOWS currently ,but I should have bought the more expensive BRODIX or AIR FLOW RESEARCH, simply because I spent more in porting and springs than the differance in cost that I saved to get them flowing only slightly better than the BRODIX or AIR FLOW RESEARCH do out of the box.

youll NEVER regret getting better heads but you might always regret not spending alittle more up front