HybridZ

Carbon Fiber rear taillight panel

aziza z

I've heard (and somebody correct me if i'm wrong) that the horizontal distance isnt always the same from one z to the other and thats why the stock piece was made in 3 pieces.

Jon

thats why this cf panel isnt a one piece. It still uses the stock middle piece.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guy's it looks like it's made in one piece, but it's not wide enough to fit.

IMG_0414.jpg

If I understood correctly from what aziza z posted earlier, it installs using the stock center piece.

Bart is right. it installs using the stock center piece. The custom tail light panels will be cut in half for you already but the center where the tail light would originally go will still be there for you to mod to ur liking.

if steve were to make a "one piece version" it wouldnt fit as well because all cars a diffrent. Plus he would have to start all over and make another mold.

• 4 weeks later...
Has this thread died like most of the other CF threads???

no it hasnt. He is making a few more molds so that he can make more of them faster. Said he should have the first batch soon. dont worry. Ill keep u guys posted. Like i said. this takes time.

ok thanks. I was just wondering since it had been about a month

yea its taking longer than expected but he should have them soon. dont want to rush into stuff like this (quality will suffer, and people wont get what they order blah blah blah). you know how it goes. Whens hes ready you guys will be the first to know.

Would you mind telling a guy who is a nooblet to old fairlady's what duckbill spoiler that is? Great looking car, BTW.

EDIT: Also, I know sheets of carbon are pretty easy to make by comparison. I also know that some people use an adhesive method to replace their floorpans. Any thoughts on a set of floorpans made of THICK carbon fiber that is bonded in; perhaps with a few stainless steel "spines" for extra rigidity? Carbon fenders? Headlight buckets? Oh my.... :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible for a stock middle piece to be made. This way the replacement CF panel is just like the factory one. 3 pieces. Also any new news on availablity

it is just like the factory one. I dont think theres any point to have the center in cf, its behind the licence anyway.

Still in the process of being made.

• 2 weeks later...