HybridZ

hood vents: ideas...

I only have experience up to about 145. That was pre splitter but was still rock solid. I have same airdam as you 25" tires and front control arms 5 deg down with 3/4" 'bumpsteer spacers' (I dont use them for bumpsteer). This puts the splitter at about 4" off the ground and thats directly attached to the airdam not spaced down like yours. Your car looks really high and I think needs to be much lower. Even at 4" the splitter is noticeably effective so it doesnt have to be super low to work but may work better lower I dont know. My brake ducts are connected to those recesses in the airdam.

Cameron

Mine is easily 5 inches off the ground and yours looks about where mine is... Cameron is right. It needs to be much lower... I'm shooitng for 2.5-3 inches, which I'm sure will give me fits with the car trailer, but oh well...

Here's a pic of mine...

PICT0322.jpg

Edited by Mikelly

Off Topic: Mike the little one just saw your car and said WOAH Its another Zoey! (my cars "name") She wanted me to ask what her name is.

I just went and measured mine. 4.5 to the bottom of the lip with the front tires likely low on pressure. Good eyes haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finished my hood scoop. 

My only goal was to assist in getting hot air OUT..   280ZX turbo scoop in reverse with slight mods.

post-1894-0-77817700-1365383423_thumb.jpg

I beat to my own drum, so don't get bent around the venturi with the effectiveness of reverse submerged NACA extractor coefficient ..

We think it looks neat.

Edited by duragg

I like that duragg. What if you put a small little lip/angle just before the "extractor" part, that might help create a vac... Maybe...

Yes, yes. I was thinking the same thing.

I will do that tomorrow and repost

Tj

LOL you know... I think most people who see this for the first time are going to think you were drunk. Are you sure you weren't overly embellishing the alcohol on this one a bit, and then realized you put it in backwards? Is that a heart on your hood too? Peace and love were definitely on your mind with this one huh....

LOL you know... I think most people who see this for the first time are going to think you were drunk. Are you sure you weren't overly embellishing the alcohol on this one a bit, and then realized you put it in backwards? Is that a heart on your hood too? Peace and love were definitely on your mind with this one huh....

Nothing as exciting, sorry.

I gave the order and VanManSam did the cutting and install.

The heart was spray painted by a certain fellow pilot we call Weasel months ago; he'll pay for that. :)