HybridZ

hood vents: ideas...

The radiator cap hits but I'm going to be running a different radiator. I thought it would be hitting the intake and turbo but it clears, hot damn... This isn't bolted on or anything its just laying on there. 

post-980-0-07463600-1437615222_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-38625400-1437615232_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZT-R

Matsuo and the other guy with him were really talking a lot about the louvers on Darrens hood. They kept touching them and pointing at different areas of the hood and inspection lids. I wish someone there understood Japanese to know what they were talking about.

I like those vents a lot!  Can we get dimensions on them?  Just checked out the new Ztrix website and it looks great.  I have a Camaro ss vent that we are mounting on the bulge of my zx, it may have to get some of these too if they compliment it.  I'm taking the over vent it and block what isn't needed later approach.

• 3 years later...

I realize this is old but putting this out there for those looking for serious hood extraction with wind tunnel data to back it up.

Race Louvers take a new approach to hood extractors.  Our extractors significantly outperform the competition and are designed for maximum front downforce, maximum radiator cooling, lower engine compartment temperatures and increased zero speed cooling. Combine our Grill Blockers and Hood Extractors for maximum front downforce and reduced laptimes or use our Hood Extractors with your OEM grill for maximum cooling.

We have fine tuned all of our processes and have all hood extractors, grill blockers and components in stock. Our extractors come in a variety of sizes and are available in either the RS, RT, or RX trims for different levels of performance. All of our Extractors come with a printable template that can be downloaded and printed for fitment prior to purchase, templates can be found in each items description. Don't see a particular size, no problem, use our custom size option to get sizes that fit your needs. Our extractors come standard with semi-gloss black powder coat or can be ordered bare. There is also a guide found at the top of our website to help you choose an Extractor or just give us a call and we would be glad to help.

Come check us out at:  www.racelouvers.com

Research, development, testing, wind tunnel time, etc costs money plus manufacturing, equipment and supplies.  Good news is we just shipped some to Australia and its was only $80 to ship.

Edited by 302blown
update

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forums, I will say this is dangerously close to skirting the rules there. If you would like to sell your product please feel free to make a thread in the vendor forum.

I do wonder if it is some exotic material that justifies the price. That may be information you wish to include in your own thread. If you would like there is even a wind tunnel section that I'm sure would benefit from the data backing up the performance.

• Like 1