HybridZ

86 300zx NA 2+2

Guest darkhunter

Guest darkhunter

I just recently purchased a 300zx as a first car and something to work on. Now I've done a little bit of research but haven't found much within my price range and cost is a big factor here aside from swaps unless I can get one real cheap (can't find any parts cars around here at all) what would be the cheapest/easiest way to make a decent amount of power?

Guest darkhunter

yeah but I can't find any parts cars around to get the exhaust manifold and such from.

I've noticed around 68mph(at least that's what the speedo says I don't trust it that much) and higher the steering wheel, maybe the entire car but I feel it mainly through the wheel shakes just a little bit

Guest CruiserZ31

alignments off

my steering wheel shook when I braked, turned out my rotors weren't even, like part of it was wore more than the rest.

yeah, i'm really looking for a good parts car but Z's are pretty rare around here but those sites are your best bet. Unless you want to pay out the :wc: at the nissan dealership.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CruiserZ31

Clarksville, TN

It's in the north eastern corner an hour north of Nashville.

I have seen maybe 6 other 2nd gen 300zx in my town. The junkyard here is stripped of everything really, I spent two hours rooting around the other day. I'm thinking of heading to the Pull A Part in Nashville next time I get some time.

Most of my Z hook ups right now are word of mouth from the guys I was hanging out with at the dealership, stuff like 'you know, so and so just finished remodeling his 85 and he has two parts cars, I'll get you his info so you can get connected.'

I just got back into town though so I haven't done anything with my car except replace a few hoses that were hardened. A/C's out though, and summer is hott with two t's.