HybridZ

Newbie and just bought my first Z. (pics) Were can I get these cool hood vents?

I'm a new member and am thrilled to say I just purchased my first Z car today, a 78 280z. This is my first Z but I have spent countless hours cramming as much Z knowledge as I can into my brain from this site and from the many Z shows I have been to. I've definately got the Z fever! First, I plan to repaint my entire car in Mazda winning blue and do a few body bods while I'm at it. OK, my question, I saw these custom hood vents that I thought looked really cool and I was wondering were and how I can get them. I was also wondering how much it might cost. Check out the second pic to see for yourself. But first............

Check out the new ride! :P

39404.jpg

Hood vent pic

l_b256a43f80ca1082fda020ac74e9195b.jpg

I'd probably like to go with having mine stamped if there is a shop around me that does that kind of thing. I'm always looking to save a buck, I'm a poor college student. What kind of shop does louvering like this? sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'd probably like to go with having mine stamped if there is a shop around me that does that kind of thing. I'm always looking to save a buck, I'm a poor college student. What kind of shop does louvering like this? sorry if this is a dumb question.

Look for a local hot rod or street rod shop. That will probably be your best chance on finding a place that has the right equipment.

Hey Dragonfly, what are those mirrors on your Z? I like them.

Here is where they come from...

Duc999_03.jpg

That would be a Ducati 999 Super Bike, They are a real pain to put on the car but they look great and do not vibrate.

Here is some of the text that was with the above picture: "Much time was spent in the wind tunnel to hone the aerodynamics of the Ducati 999."

Dragonfly