HybridZ

Best place to live near Charlotte, NC?

DavyZ

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon14: You're escaping? Good for you!!! You'll be amazed how much easier life is anywhere else but CA.

NC is a nice place to live, good luck man!!! When you leaving?

Hm... Well I hope the move works out for you Davy!

Two and half years ago my family doctor moved to Hickory, NC so he could be closer to his relatives.

Well after about a year and a half, he moved back to California, I asked him why?

(His words, not mine)

He replied that he got tired of people who could not speak proper English, let alone speak in complete sentences!

Again, those were his words, not mine!

For the record, I have never been to NC. But I hear property is much less expensive than here in Kalifornia!

Davy, you may want to consider keeping and leasing your California property just in case.

Mark

Your Doctor is an idiot.:)

Hm... Well I hope the move works out for you Davy!

Two and half years ago my family doctor moved to Hickory, NC so he could be closer to his relatives.

Well after about a year and a half, he moved back to California, I asked him why?

(His words, not mine)

He replied that he got tired of people who could not speak proper English, let alone speak in complete sentences!

Again, those were his words, not mine!

For the record, I have never been to NC. But I hear property is much less expensive than here in Kalifornia!

Davy, you may want to consider keeping and leasing your California property just in case.

Mark

Your Doctor is an idiot.:)

Well, Sparks I do not consider him to be an idiot.

On the contrary, he is a doctor!

By the way, I forgot to mention that he was born and raised in the DEEP SOUTH, Mississippi to be exact!

But he has lived in California for over 20 years and still has his southern drawl!

Improper speech was but one of the reasons, others being bad neighbors, rain in the summer time, feeling like an "outsider".

Mark

Mark,

I think the move will work out fine for me. I have been told by a number of people to just rent out my house here. Really, I don't want to miss out on freeing the equity in my house so that I can buy property in NC and not owe anything on it. I'm tired of carrying a mortgage (at least on my own home) and this will certainly alleviate that. It's a blessing and I don't think I'll pine for the Bay Area much after I move. Besides, I'm tired of seeing my state taxes go for blah blah blah...

You know, the biggest draw for me to "the South" (besides the beautiful topography) was the people. As of today I have been to FL, VA and GA and I enjoyed the friendliness, genuineness, and relatively relaxed way of living in those states. Nearly everyone I have spoken to who has visited NC, that lives there, has lived there, or who has family there, simply loves the place. I don't think I'll be disappointed ;)

Good BBQ too :D

Davy

posted by Z-dreamer

Improper speech was but one of the reasons, others being bad neighbors, rain in the summer time, feeling like an "outsider".

It's certainly a damn shame he moved back to California. The natives of NC mourn our loss, a sparkling opportunity to be exposed to a great intellectual who handles the Queen's english with aplomb. His bad neighbors, certainly part of the great unwashed, will languish in the throes of their southern drawl, hoping that Gray Davis and the Governator will send someone to save them.

Our average rainfall is about 48"/yr, and it happens pretty much year around. It seems that a man of such great intelligence.... I mean, he's a Doctor, for God's sake...... would be capable of checking the weather. Historical averages are available from the National Weather Service, and even online at theweatherchannel.com.

Davy, come on and check NC out. Most of the locals are pretty friendly, and welcome people who are an asset to the community.

John*******

*******Definitely the bad neighbor type, with drawl.....

Z dreamer.... boy do you have it pinned, the south SUCKS. Good lord its the most backward place in the united states. Talk about behind the times country folk who cant talk and aint got no edumacation. Oh and lemme tell you there arent any good jobs, and the weather is HORRIBLE.

All I have to say is that if there are any people from California or Up north thinking about moving down here DONT... its the WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD. Yall stay home now ya hear?

;)

You can come though Davy it might just not be that bad after all... just don't tell your friends

Z dreamer.... boy do you have it pinned, the south SUCKS. Good lord its the most backward place in the united states. Talk about behind the times country folk who cant talk and aint got no edumacation. Oh and lemme tell you there arent any good jobs, and the weather is HORRIBLE.

All I have to say is that if there are any people from California or Up north thinking about moving down here DONT... its the WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD. Yall stay home now ya hear?

;)

You can come though Davy it might just not be that bad after all... just don't tell your friends

LOL!

I am from NYC and thinking about moving to NC or VA. I am still up in the air gathering info on NC because my parents are looking to move there within the next year. School system is very important for them because I have a younger sis (13) that has a few more years of school. The "slowness" of the south is something I look forward to and I know the south isn't that "slow" at all.

;)

Man I really agree. I can't make no livin down here. Bunch of beer drinkin,cusin lovin rednecks,... What ever you do don't move here,

Man I really agree. I can't make no livin down here. Bunch of beer drinkin,cusin lovin rednecks,... What ever you do don't move here,

LOL... Beer drinkin'?? I never seed no beer guzzlin' like a Yankee guzzles it..LOL I prefer ho'made muhself..

Cuzin kissin'??? Have you SEEN my cuzin...whew** man damn! she is HOTT !!! you'd kiss her too!

Can't make no livin cuz dem damn Yankees and surfer punks keep movin in and takin all the good jobs.. illegals get the rest! Dam Kaliforniuns started workin' then immigrants and actually payin em cash muny!!! We had our labor sitiashun worked out fer room 'n vittles ...dammit!

When I lived in Boca Raton FL, (Mouth of the rat) the people there were very rude, insane, always in a hurry, pissed about god knows what and had a great big massive chip on there shoulders. People would flip me off at stop lights while I was waiting for the light to change. When I moved to North Carolina, all that insanity stopped.

Most of the people that I run into are very down to earth. They may talk funny but that does not make then “IGNENTâ€. This state has some of the best medical and engineering schools around, very mild weather, and most importantly, rust friendly to cars. Cha Ching. That’s my two cents.

:redface:

I already know I'm going to love the state and I really can't wait to get my house here FINISHED in the next two weeks. We've boxed up nearly everything, just to move it out of the rooms so we can paint, etc. I'm involved in the biggest thrash to get things done that I ever have in my life. I think I've been up to 2 am or more these past few nights and I was nodding off at my desk today *ugh*. It will be great to be in Charlotte and just chill....at work.

I hope to meet all the guys over time!!! :2thumbs:

Davy

UPDATE:

As it turns out, the office I'll be working out of is actually in Cherry Hill, SC, about 20 minutes outside of Charlotte. This means I'll want to locate a house south of Charlotte or in one of the towns to the south, for a better commute obviously. So, is the area in the south part decent? Any towns better than the other? Options? Advice? Bueller? ;)

Thanks for the advice, guys.

As an aside, I'm in the last hours' thrash getting the house remodeled. I actually believe I can finish this house project before the end of the month. This leaves a problem though: My Datsun isn't running and very few transportation companies will take a non-running car, apparently. I have to find a transporter before the end of the month *ugh* :(

Davy

Davy find me a car that is going from the east coast to california and we can probably work something out to ship yours.

UPDATE:

As it turns out, the office I'll be working out of is actually in Cherry Hill, SC, about 20 minutes outside of Charlotte. This means I'll want to locate a house south of Charlotte or in one of the towns to the south, for a better commute obviously. So, is the area in the south part decent? Any towns better than the other? Options? Advice? Bueller? ;)

As an aside, I'm in the last hours' thrash getting the house remodeled. I actually believe I can finish this house project before the end of the month. This leaves a problem though: My Datsun isn't running and very few transportation companies will take a non-running car, apparently. I have to find a transporter before the end of the month *ugh* :(

Davy

Ah, you were the one I was thinking of that has transported a few Z's here already, right Sparks? I'm not sure if I can find a Z going in the opposite direction, but that does makes sense. Hopefully, someone that needs it done reads this thread!

Davy

Ah, you were the one I was thinking of that has transported a few Z's here already, right Sparks? I'm not sure if I can find a Z going in the opposite direction, but that does makes sense. Hopefully, someone that needs it done reads this thread!

Davy

Yep thats me. Z hauler expert! PM me with your quotes and I can probably beat them IF i can find a backhaul.

UPDATE:

Davy

You mean Rock Hill ??? It just outside Charlotte.. Cherry Hill is quite a bit farther away near Lake Greenwood.

You mean Rock Hill ??? It just outside Charlotte.. Cherry Hill is quite a bit farther away near Lake Greenwood.

Hmm, I think you're correct. Rocks, cherries, what's the difference? :mrgreen: I'm just glad I'm getting out of CA! :mparty:

Davy

Stay away from Rock Hill if at all possible. I lived there 30 yrs ago in high school and still have friends and family so I visit often. It is a fast-food, ignoramus-ridden, nothing-happening kind of place. If you can get a home on Lake Wylie with easy access to Charlotte it might be liveable, but the closest thing to culture there is the kitschy kountry krap you can buy at the counter at Cracker Barrel.

If you like smoky bars full of ugly women and depression, be my guest.

Oh yeah, you CAN'T BUY ALCOHOL ON SUNDAY IN SC so Saturday night at 12 things shut down. HEATHENS, I tells ya!

And Rock Hill is considered civilized compared to the surrounding SC towns.