HybridZ

Check out the latest toy

AKWIKZ

I picked her up from the port last Thursday. I just had the opporotunity to give her a bath and snap off a few shots. Keep in mind this is exactly as she arrived. I will be adressing the incorrect mirrors and such shortly.

DSC019101.JPG

She is a 1973 Skyline. Very clean. Surprisingly clean to be honest. She is a bit of an odd bird though. Check this out. It was an original Japanese market car that was sent to New Guineau shortly afterwards. Then she made her way to Australia in 1976 and has been there until I bought her. Here is the really cool part. Her VIN is KPGC110015370. A real GT-R VIN. But she apparently left the factory equipped as a GT-X with an L20 instead of an S20. But she does not have power windows, which a GT-X model would have. I have discussed the oddities with people better schooled in Nissan history than I and all we have come up with is that the VIN stamp on the firewall is factory and un-altered. Here are some pics her with the '74.

DSC019171.JPG

DSC019181.JPG

And check out the engine in the new one;

DSC01921.JPG

It's an N/A RB20 with an aftermarket ECU controlling the ignition. A custom made intake manifold holds tripple Weber DCOE's. It sounds awsome. The distributor and plug wires you see are fakes. The previous owner wanted to make the motor look as much like an S20 as possible. It pulls pretty well too. I have an RB26 which will be taking it's place though, so keep an eye out for this drivetrain to be for sale shortly.

Brian

Thanks guys. This one was a bit more complicated to get than the others. It was originally in Brisbane and I had to get it to Sydney in order for my friend there to get it shipped up here. So I spent a fair amount in logistics. I also had a new windshield installed as a precaution. All told I probably have about $11k or so into her. I need to get a few more parts still to really get her where I want. I have a set of Wats and an R190 L.S.D. I had originally intended to run but will be going in another direction. These are for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. I have an S15 six speed tranny that I will be mating up to the RB20 currently in the car when I sell the drivetrain. It will also come with the correct rear sump pan to be installed in a Z car.

Brian

WOW so clean and sexy Hopefully i will run into you sometime in town. Do you ever take them to the pavilions or anything like that.

I have been eager to get out to Pavilions. We need to make a get together of HybridZ members as there are quite a few here in Phoenix.

Brian

I was at the pavalions a couple weeks ago...Had the Z in the corner and saw a couple people walk up to her not expecting what they saw and saw a couple people blank faced wondering what it was haha. I would definitly be interested in a hybridz meet there. I have to say I love those skylines...One of few cars I would give up mine to get... Is it hard to get them into the country? What about insurance and registering them? I would love to do a rb26 swap in one.

They are easy to register and insure. Not too much hassel to get into the U.S. either. Just a matter of making sure the proper paperwork and taxes are taken care of. I need to get down to register this one next week hopefully. After that, perhaps I'll be able to get it out to the Pavilions on the 23rd. Let's see if we can get some kind of meet together for that weekend.

Brian