HybridZ

Extrudabody Now Shipping

• 3 weeks later...

Well we have sold several sets, but it takes time to install and gather all parts needed to finish the install like Electronices and what not! Stay tuned guys the 12 injector set-up running Meth under boost is going to be a treat!

Also Dan added a new LINK for a Company called Retrotek to the ECU PARTS PAGE (They are Not affiliated with Extrudabody) that builds an ECU it does quite a bit of new stuff not previously seen. Mainly single line fuel Control which could be REAL handy on older Cars!

l_099440240ba413ed4115fcec5c55ca4c.jpg

My Car runs the Predocessor to this ECU above! Here's a Little Story for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my Z off Ebay in California in 2005 sight unseen on a Saturday, it was delivered to San Luis Obispo, we converted it to run Programmable Efi on Monday and Tuesday, I set out for Florida on Wednesday, all part of a Publicity Stunt to promote the NEW ECU at the time! Taking an old Z Cross country in July was adventure in itself, but 100 degrees in the shade of AZ and TX, proved more than the OLD Z could take and vapor lock was a major Problem! We had a Ball though, good buddy from S. Florida flew out to Vagas and rode back to Dallas with me, Grand Canyon, Petroglyths, Bike Festivals and good friends is something to reflect on now! ALSO if you happen to be traveling on I20 in July of 05 and saw an old Green Z running down the interstate with 2 bags of ICE on the Manifold and the hood part of the way open and flappin against a Bungy cord, you will know who it was and you now know the CAR!

l_81aa03557ea91c327ae15dbd9fe50da2.jpg

Also this car was tunned on a DYNO with the Original Intake and Injectors, when I installed the Extrudabody ITB's with NEW/Different Injectors, it has never seen another Dyno or a Wideband O2! It's running SELF TUNE feed Back control and a little playing I did with the Data Logging system the ECU came with and that's it, and it is also running FULL MAP control not Alpha N or a Blend of MAP/Alpha N! Big CAM would probably make that impossible, but we are doing it on this set-up!

810 would be Cool!

Millsan!: Sorry did not understand the question?

Kevin

l_fe21fc7841731c0408db1dce6267e1d0.jpg

Millsan1: this is typical of Weber style Throttle Linkages, you have have 2 choices, run the Lever Style Pictured with your Stock Mechanical syetem by adapting our Levers to the Weber Linkage or you can go with Cable style which is how My Z is set-up!

l_5388bdb10e2fab2d7adbea230308d37c.jpg

Picture of a Modified Throttle Pedal, it has a Cable Adjuster in the stock Firewall Hole mounted to a piece of Aluminum that's bolted to the Firewall with the Stock Linkage Bolts. The Extrudabody Cable system then mounts direct to Throttle Cam/Stop to control all 6 ITB's!

A/F is controled by the ECU with either WIdeband or Standard O2 Input!

Hope this Helps!

Kevin

I know slightly off topic, but if you had a larger setup for an LS1 and under the prices of a Harrop or Kinsler unit, you'd have a MASSIVE corner on the LS1 crowd. And I'd put money down real quick. PM if you'd like,

Tyson

Hey Kevin, I don't know if anyone has brought this up but I'm curious about something: I'm wondering how on any of the ITB setups I've seen (your's or other's) you can have independent idle control for things like fast idle when cold or to give an RPM bump when the AC kicks on. I was thinking about the rail that you have pictured where it pulls vacuum off the six runners and then MAP is pulled off the end of the rail. I'm wondering what would happen if you tapped the opposite end of that rail and had a line running to a normally closed valve that would operate off of coolant temp./AC compressor. I know it seems like it would screw up the MAP when the valve opens, but maybe not?

Hey Adam!

Good Point!

Notice the Drawing below it's on our website as well, but see the IDLE AIR JET Port, that's exactly what it's for to bleed in extra air to control Idle and give the bump when A/C kicks on and for Warm Up!!

There is another Port on the Bottom of our ITB's than be utilized for Vacuum Reference to the MAP and FPR ETC.

They Come standard with 10/32 Vacuum Taps, but can be made bigger if needed with a Hand Drill and Tap! You can also drill from the side and tap it there as well!

ITB_Diagram_sm.jpg

GM Idle Air Housing designed to mount direct to the Extrudabody "T Slot" Rail Mounting system. Most all the Aftermarket ECU's can control Stepper motors, and if not you are correct a simple Idle up valve controlled by Time or Temp will work thru the "Idle AIR Jets"

l_5198ee85fd676b803a301ac96d18063a.jpg

l_1ab354ee5fcf0116452c24a7637ab43d.jpg

This is the Concept behind the Extrudabody "Idle Air Jet"

l_1be7f323503b1f6841747e980f04fafe.jpg

I have found that the MAP/FPR source needs to be all on it's on, with a Chamber to dampen the Pulses to steady the MAP Sensor!

The Ports on the Bottom of our ITB's on a N/A Z car are just to DAMN Close to the Header and get very Hot for any kind of Vacuum line to have a decent longevity to it!

Kevin

• Administrators
I have found that the MAP/FPR source needs to be all on it's on,

Yup.

with a Chamber to dampen the Pulses to steady the MAP Sensor!

Have you ever messed with these RC valves? They are adjustable orifice and do a great job of damping. 'Course, they exclude the use of using MAP for accel enrichment...

RCValve.jpg

• Administrators

No I have not! could I have a Link to that Thinky Please?

:D Thought you might like that.

I've run ITB cars, speed density, making 9" idle vacuum, with that little hummer.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=WR&I=LXCR48

Is the threads 10/32 by chance?

Without checking, I believe they are 8-32. Let me know if you need a confirmation.