HybridZ

is this a timing chain tensioner

76s30

:) To Greenmonster 80, Where did you send it off to. I am not able to read the message, but I am interested in it. Can you give us some more info on what you did and where you sent it to. Thanks a lot, Rich.:windows:

Search Kameari. You will find posts about their crazy timing chain setup. Then if you want to shell out the $400+ that it costs to buy that setup, you might consider adding the part in the auction. The auction item does nothing without the other Kameari parts installed.

The benefit of the Kameari setup is that you can shave the crap out of the head and take up the slack in the chain with their tensioner and if you use an adjustable cam timing gear, you don't have to shim the cam towers up or anything. That and it gives more accurate timing than the stock tensioner.

Just search... please... :wink:

There is no sending off for ordering this part. Simply buy it from the auction and wait for the mailman to arrive. Granted if you do not have a Japanese bank account, yahoo.jp account or someone who has a full understanding of the japanese language it can be much more difficult. Wife got me mine for fathers day.

It is a tension lock keeper. Only usefull with the Kameari Engine Works (KEW) timing chain setup. For the parnoid with little faith in the locking ability of the 4 lock washers in the standard setup....I already ordered mine...

Ummm... okay...:confused:

So this brings to mind a couple of questions.

First, the existence of this piece leads me to believe that there must have been some issue with the Kameari piece coming loose (not very encouraging). Is this the case?

Second, ASSuming that this is the reason for the existence of this gizmo, what exactly keeps it from coming loose?

Seems like if you are going to the trouble of such a belts-and-suspenders solution, the least they could have done was drill the bolts for safety wire. Then again, if they did that it might become evident that that was all that was needed for the Kameari piece in the first place.

I think I'm gonna make another piece that bolts to the A/C pump mounts that holds the tension keeper in place - takers? It's only $500...:mrgreen:

TimZ

I have not heard of any issues with KEW timing set. I figured $100 is cheap insurance and looks cool.

I guess I was thinking it isn't very good insurance if it can come loose just as easily as the part its trying to "fix".

Also thinking that its troubling that it suggests a pretty MAJOR design flaw in the Kameari tensioner.

Heresy, I know...

First, the existence of this piece leads me to believe that there must have been some issue with the Kameari piece coming loose (not very encouraging). Is this the case?

Also thinking that its troubling that it suggests a pretty MAJOR design flaw in the Kameari tensioner.

Heresy' date=' I know...[/quote']

Tim,

There are no "issues" with the KEW 'Twin Idler' cam chain tensioner kit, and there are no design flaws either. I've sourced more than 20 of them for users here in Europe, and they have been winning races with them too.

However, there are stupid people out there in the land of Nissan L-series engine ownership who have obviously never heard of torque wrenches, and whom appear to think that Loctite is probably something that cures loose and squeaky door locks. This 'T.I. Baby' product looks like it might be ideal for them.

It will also allow them to easily do something that the fitting instructions of the KEW 'Twin Idler' cam tensioner kit specifically warn against. That is, the overtensioning of the chain.

Alan T.

Yeah, post a photo, I know the basic piece you are talking about, but not the add-on gizmo. And since the link to the Yahoo Auction is dead in regards to a photo as far as I can see....welll I WANT TO SEE!

Besides, it will be one more thing to goad Priddy out of his money! LOL

"Hey Jeff, did you see that cool Gizmo Kameari has available for their cam chain tensioner?" Muahahahahaha!

Yeah, post a photo, I know the basic piece you are talking about, but not the add-on gizmo. And since the link to the Yahoo Auction is dead in regards to a photo as far as I can see....welll I WANT TO SEE!

Besides, it will be one more thing to goad Priddy out of his money! LOL

"Hey Jeff, did you see that cool Gizmo Kameari has available for their cam chain tensioner?" Muahahahahaha!

here are some pictures I have

Nigel

chain_thumb.jpg

DSC00002_thumb.JPG

hijuseta219-img600x450-1169161642p1000182_thumb.jpg

hijuseta219-img600x450-1169161661p1000187_thumb.jpg

hijuseta219-img600x450-1169161720p1000180_thumb.jpg

Ooooh, that IS a neat little gizmo.

I most definately have to talk JeffP into buying one of those for his car now!

Just so it can match the turnbuckle he has adjusting his alternator!

LOL