HybridZ

'73 for $1000 in Santa Cruz CA

alsil

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/357114950.html

I just checked this car out a little bit ago - it comes with a serious PILE of extra parts - this is a GREAT deal. I would have gone for it - but I really don't have the room for it, and the timing isn't good.

It has the usual issues - rusty doors (but he has extras) and the hood is bashed in (but he has an extra, straight one). He said it has a new wiring harness, springs, and from what I saw the tires were good, the seats were pretty nice.

The guy said he's make a smokin' deal if he could get it sold today 6/22.

If it's still around on monday I might just go for it, but someone's gotta pick it up!!!

Was the car running/driveable? Its been there for a while, but never looked into it much.

Tyson

There were really only 2 reasons you needed to trailer it, 1. the clutch master doesn't have fluid and may be leaking, so you'd have to fillit and see if the clutch would even engage 2. The reg is from 2000, so you'd have to get a day permit.

I figured I'd just throw some fluid in it, and see how the clutch worked. Then go down to Uhaul and grab a car carrier. Easy.

Since it's a '73, you wouldn't have to smog it, you could just reg it and drive it.

So no one is interested in this car? I'm suprised. A lot of potential and extra parts for $1000.

It does lookg like a good deal, like you said with a lot of potential. But don't want to do another project thing, in case its more than JUST the clutch master doesn't have fluid. Definitely surprised no one as picked it up yet though.

Tyson

BTW Alsil did you take or get any more pics?