HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75 280, unknown mileage.. speedo cable broken, odo reads 15K, I estimate I've put 60-85K on it myself with the broken cable.. mostly white, needs attention, too ashamed to go uncover it to take photos to post because I have owned her since july of 2000 and haven't been able to do SQUAT with her. DD for almost five years, now awaiting income stability and spa treatment.

thread001.jpg

meanwhile, I am in subaru Purgatory.. 87 GL-10, FWD, 1.8l, 91hp, 3 speed automatic:cry2:

Mine is out in the garage...

Early 74 260z. (basically a late 240 w/ L28 crank and rods) RLS30-012743

L24 flattop pistons

stock bore L26 longblock

early L24 SUs

mallory 6a ignition

MSD coil

Block and valve cover powdercoated "Prismatic black"

11lb SPEC flywheel

stage2+ SPEC clutch (love it!)

stock rear drivetrain

poly bushings

10" coilovers 225f/250r

illuminas

15x8 diamond racing wheels

the small 4x4 brakes with drilled/slotted rotors

Coming up: big fat turbo L6, all new fenders(yz rears?)/front end, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, adjustable control arms, big differential, roll cage...Basically all the "OTHER" expensive stuff...

I have a 71 that I owned for 20 years, sold 10 years ago and found on eBay 4 months ago. We are putting the engine (2.8 NA) together today and I hope to have it on the road before the end of summer. It is a shell and we are powdercoating and painting EVERYTHING. She will be sweet again soon.

interior_thumb.jpg

4/76 280Z, Bought in 1989 in Manhattan for $3500 with 69K miles in factory condition nearly mint. Daily driver year round until 1992. Money has been pouring into it since about 1992 when I got a job out of college and made it into a second car.

75 280Z Purchased in 2002 drove till late 04 then started sbc conversion. It runs now but ive got a list of things to redo. All I can say is do things right the first time, and dont let your "friend" work on your car while you are out of state/country. Sorry didnt mean to rant.

'73 240Z, chassis no. HLS30 52689, first registered on June 14th 1973 in Switzerland, bought new as one of the few hundred original European models. Stock L24 with round top carbs, FS5C71A five speed and 3:90 R180 diff. It looks quite like a JDM and USDM model hybrid - it has Euro bumper-mounted indicators, only front side marker lights, orange rear lenses, front and rear bumper guards, A-pillar mounted mirrors and metric instruments. The car has gone through a complete body restoration, and is waiting to be painted dark blue (something like WWII US Navy blue). I bought it over a year ago - can't wait till it's finished. I'm saving money to make it a 240JZ Hybrid... :)

74 260z, no bumpers and shaved sidemarkers, stock block and CR l28et(64,500 on the motor when it came out of the donor), t3/t4 (stock hotside), but specs unknown since it came with the motor. 437cc ford injectors, MSNS v2.2, 3in dp and exh., summit plastic 15 gallon fuel cell, tockico adjustables and energy polyurethane bushings all around. stock 4 speed and r180 waiting to be pulled for N/A 5 spd and non lsd R200 that are sitting in my garage. Many other supporting fuel and ignition mods, but who cares? 2 years in the making and still not running... =( damn I can't wait to drive this thing @ 15psi