HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my third S30.

First one I bought in '89 when I was 18, HLS30455112, Black Pearl. May it rust in peace.

My second one was a early '74 260z I bought while in college for $400. I should have used it for parts to begin with. Still have the shell.

My current one is a '76, HLS30276269, I bought last year on ebay for $2500. Drove from my home near St. Louis to Witchita KS to pick up. Nice to be back in a Z after a 10 year hiatus. Just getting started on the mods.

240, build date 5/73. Was my dad's who purchased it in '81. Sat from '89 to when I resurected it in '05. He then gave it to me, and it's been my daily driver ever since. Has been down for two weeks to get a turbo (inturrupted by a trip to ireland), should be back on the road within a week.

That is one of the most Stunning photos of a Z I have ever seen. :2thumbs:

Thanks dude!

hopefully I don't hijack teh thread here, (sorry OP! :)) but here's another S30 pic, these guys are part of the West michigan Z club, that's Aaron's "BRE Z" and Roger's RHD Fairlady Z.

WMZclub029.jpg

'73 240 for me. Bought it to drive early in '06, but it didn't take long for me to buy a truck and rip the Z apart. It's getting a 383, TKO drivetrain. I can't wait to finish it, which I'll probably still be saying 5 years from now.

z.jpg

Zpics121.jpg

I'm on my 3rd Z which is a 77 280z that Had been sitting in this old ladies garage for over 20 years under a car cover and looked like it just rolled off the show room floor. Original was nice for awhile. I'm all about enjoying the car so its up to 78k. Has an L28et drive line under it, with a NPR intercooler in front of it with 81zx discs on the rear. Have MSns, injectors, intake with all those goodies on the bench ready to go in.

Ive got an S30. Its a early 71 240Z with an E31, hatch vents and verticle defrost lines. I saved it from the crusher at a junkyard in phoenix. Its getting resto-modded. Ive got a full set of era correct modification parts for it. No swaps here, sorry guys, lol.

Jason- 1972 s30

DITTO!

mine's currently inoperable getting a few things fixed. not pretty but she'll be pretty fast:

F54 block L28

Flattop pistons

N42 head

Schnieder Stage IV camshaft/valvetrain

Ford Viton Seals

Roundtop SUs

radiator overflow canister

MSA 6-1 header

2.5" alluminized exhaust

Dynamax super turbo muffler

All bushings polyurethane

15/16" (24mm) Interpart front sway bar

3/4" (19mm) Interpart rear sway bar

3.7 R200 rear diff

1979 280ZX 5-speed

Centerforce II clutch

15/16" 280ZX brake master cylinder

toyota 4x4 4-piston front calipers on solid 240z rotors

optima red top 800CCA battery, rear mounted

Taylor aluminum battery box, 2GA wire

rear mounted battery cutoff switch

280ZX utrbo IR alternator conversion

and that's all i can think off..... :D

78 280z- Bryan

'81 F54 block

'83 P90a head

'83 optical distributor

MS-II EMS, mounted in stock ECU location, spark and fuel, complete with 4bar MAP upgrade, and IAC control (I built it myself so it cost me about the same as a base MS1 assembled)

ford 437cc/min injectors

big ol' intercooler up front (I believe it's 24x12x3?)

60mm throttle body

4.11 200sx rear (r200)

81 280zx 5 speed (non turbo)

fidanza aluminum flywheel and centerforce stage II clutch (can't hold it)

relatively fresh paint (looks great)

redone interior

new weatherstrip

all new emblems except for the sail panels (those were in great condition)

speedhut gauge faces and matching AFR and boost/vac gauge (blue with white lettering)

Innovative LC-1 wideband controller

stock T-3 turbo, rebuilt

oogly '76 bumpers

here's some vids on youtube:

it burns a lot of oil and isn't that fast but it's fun. (well it's faster now since I've unclogged the Exhaust...clogged cat)

Here's a startup video when I first got it running. (on Naval base 32nd street, eons ago)

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/twoeightythreez/?action=view&current=bryanspics1008.flv

Here's another video of shortly after the swap

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/twoeightythreez/?action=view&current=bryanspics1016.flv

Here's a picture. (this was when I was still in the Navy and in Cali)

bryanspics579.jpg

It's for sale.

I'm more interested right now in doing a VH45/5spd S14 and I have too many cars.

Asking 6500obo (and if you give me 6.5 K I'll meet you halfway up to 1000 mi.)

I have over 10k in the car and I'm not gonna totally lose my butt on it. Besides, good luck building one for that :)

You can drive this baby anywhere, seriously. I drove it x country.

get this...it's actually good in snow...check this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WQBBFTzDBw

Guest nx2000de

i have a 73 240Z with the 2.4 L6 triple webers old school enkei honeycomb rims and it needs paint and a L28ET swap and a five speed but patience is a virtue in due time...