HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1971 240Z- HLS30-17955. It's been sitting for years, perodically sucking money out my pockets...still not done yet. Every so often I try to sell it, but nobody wants it...I guess I'll have to keep it. Maybe I'll finish it before I die.
out of curiosity, how much would you ask for it? i dont have the money, or room right now, but otherwise id be interested.

I had a green/tan 77 280Z back 25 years ago just out of high school and loved every minute of it. I took a Blue/silver two tone 81 ZX on my honeymoon 19 years ago, and then went cold turkey on the Zs for about 15 years until I found a black (originally metallic blue) 78 280Z with a 4 speed.

I am just now still breaking in the "new" 83 F-54 flat top motor with a ported/polished/shaved P-79 head and a ZX 5 speed with more goodies to come.

I'm a new guy here, having just recently purchased a '73 240z with a SBC conversion in it.

I'm looking at doing a MS conversion, partially due to having a hard time resisting making things more difficult for myself whenever given the chance.. :D

I have an "early" 1971 240Z...I just scored a Turbo Tom setup that has been moded for lots of HP. Tons of other goodies as well. I have a rebuilt 280ZXT engine setting on a stand. Waiting for me to have time, to go to Texas and get the stuff.

I am building this car to kick ass "old school" style, with the carbed turbo. So when people ask..."what the hell do you have under the hood?"...well, just a carbed inline 6, hehe...;)

I am carrying on a family tradition. Dad was the president of the Z Club of Houston back in the late 70's. Dad had a 280 2+2, Mom 73 240 Z with a L28 and a bunch of goodies ( she was always faster and a better driver). I now have a 70 (#806) 240 Z......Too many mods to list....it is about to go under the knife and get updated........( my wife is going to kill me.)

1975 280Z---- Gutted currently to recondition entire unibody, will eventually house a 327 SBC. WIP for 9 years now and I don't care if it takes another 10 to finish her :)

1976 280Z---- Rebuilt 1975 2.8 Motor with Arizona Z Car 4-Barrell Holley Carb conversion..... runs like a champ for those considering it. Finishing up the MM rear disk brake conversion and she will be back on the road, in the always fashionable primer gray though :)

1977 280z, Heads, cam, nitrous LS6 ready, now just need to finish the car

1978 280z, 2 dead cylinders, still runs i love that car. Planning on rebuilding the L28, maybe a little head work, cam but mostly just a weekend cruiser. ITS GREEN.

Have had a few, but this 78 I bought in 1982. Put a 76 head, headers, and SU's on it with some suspension tweeks in '87. Stripped completely winter of 05-06 for new paint and interior. Did the LS2/T56 conversion this last winter. Too much fun.

Mike

Mine's just off jackstands. Early 1971 Series 1 240Z. Disk brakes front and rear, 3.36 R200 CLSD, Subaru PS, 280Z gas tank, CV joint axles from '89 300ZT, '73 Datsun competition hood scoop; 2002 Chevy 5.3 LSM Vortech truck engine & a/t waiting for installation.

g