HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

I can dig it.

Hope you plan on lowering it a bit to get those wheels to look better.

Also, would look way better with fewer hypebeast stickers ;)

Hypebeast indeed. Im going to take them off in a bit. I feel like a loser Honda guy who thinks a bike rack is jdm. :(

As for lowering, Maybe about 1/2 inch more and I'll be set. :)

Hypebeast indeed. Im going to take them off in a bit. I feel like a loser Honda guy who thinks a bike rack is jdm. :(

ROFLMAO I'm into Honda's (and vdubs) from way back. I even admired the cleverness of the first FEW hype stickers I saw on imports, but now I think they're almost as played out as stretched tires. :lol:

Edited by roger280zx

ROFLMAO I'm into Honda's (and vdubs) from way back. I even admired the cleverness of the first FEW hype stickers I saw on imports, but now I think they're almost as played out as stretched tires. :lol:

Im not into Hondas because of all these lame hypebeast stickers that everyone has, with the same parts, which makes no Honda unique. And Yes sir.Haha. Thats why Im sticking with 205/50/R15. :D

Edited by ScumbagS130

Im not into Hondas because of all these lame hypebeast stickers that everyone has, with the same parts, which makes no Honda unique. And Yes sir.Haha. Thats why Im sticking with 205/50/R15. :D

205/50 on 8.5j is still stretched |:

step up the sidewall to 55 series, and then lower the car one inch; will net you the half inch drop you still want, but reduce wheelgap a whole bunch, and make the car look wayyyy better.

step up the sidewall to 55 series, and then lower the car one inch; will net you the half inch drop you still want, but reduce wheelgap a whole bunch, and make the car look wayyyy better.

You blew my mind. But I feel a bunch of hate. ;(

Just joking.Haha.

I dont really know how to calculate the tire dimension. ;|

No offence PPK, but you know normally me and you disagree greatly on stance/style of a car, and that's okay, but I actually agree with you here. tongue.gif

You blew my mind. But I feel a bunch of hate. ;(

Just joking.Haha.

I dont really know how to calculate the tire dimension. ;|

Holy grail: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

The S130 can handle much taller wheels than the S30 and still "feel right" without major modifications. This is largely due to the fact that they came with taller wheels to begin with. I'm currently running 215/60/15 and feel it's just right and in the middle of the sweet spot. My speedo is spot on (was too fast on previous 195/70/14's), and wouldn't really hesitate much about stepping up to 225/60/15. In reality my perfect world choice is to run 255/40/17 but that's tough to fit up front, which leads you to run a 245 wide up front at least, which means you have to settle for the 45 side wall, though that's not the end of the world (just a tad tall imo).

All in all, just be glad you don't have to add flares to easily fit a decent width, unlike many other cars out there. :-)

Hi all - I recently purchased a 1982 280ZX-T that I'm going to be tinkering with in my spare time with my spare money.

1982Datsun280ZX-T12-10-11-Frontthreequarter.jpg

I purchased it in Atlanta and after having Atlanta Racing rebuild the front end and replace the braking system I drove it 4 hours back to NC. Other than no cruise and multiple exhaust leaks it ran great. So far all I have done is clean a years worth of sitting off and out of it and pulled the seats and steering wheel since both were toast.

GrantSteeringWheelInstalllb04-01-12.jpg

HondaDelSolSeatInstalla04-01-12.jpg

I have to get the seats recovered which will probably happen while I'm changing the carpet and dash. I'm pretty pleased with how my projects started and look forward th pulling ideas from all the guys here at Hybridz

Hello everyone! I just got into the world of classic Z-cars with this '81 ZXT. It is a real time capsule with 77k miles. The paint is recent, but most of the rest is original. I love it! Does anyone out there have an '81 with paint code 093? That's what mine is, but it doesn't have the gold pin stripes anymore and I was wondering what they looked like.

post-30397-074740300 1345321397_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone! I just got into the world of classic Z-cars with this '81 ZXT. It is a real time capsule with 77k miles. The paint is recent, but most of the rest is original. I love it! Does anyone out there have an '81 with paint code 093? That's what mine is, but it doesn't have the gold pin stripes anymore and I was wondering what they looked like.

post-30397-074740300 1345321397_thumb.jpg

Looking good! More pictures please, have that same airdam, but its in storage. Hard to find anyone on here with it.

Welcome to Hybridz!

For those who wanted to see the details of above pic a little better:

post-734-096057100 1345680525_thumb.jpg

I know you might have been trying to be artistic, and I appreciate that. Just though I'd offer people the ability to actually see your wonderful dash and such. :-D

Here is my newest Z. 1982 280zx n/a. The previous owner didn't take care of the engine as well as he had claimed :angry: so this week I am ripping its heart out and rebuilding it from the bottom up. :D I was going to replace the whole engine but after carful consideration I decided WTF is the fun in that?...

post-30695-067099800 1345897423_thumb.jpg

post-30695-046563600 1345897491_thumb.jpg

post-30695-076047400 1345897520_thumb.jpg

post-30695-013315800 1345897537_thumb.jpg

post-30695-055128900 1345897548_thumb.jpg