HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

hey all, 81 280zx owner here, she was in pretty ruff condition but almost rust free, just the spare tire well was an issue, the floors and under carraige are rust free. She has a lot of miles, over 358K so far, but she runs great and does not smoke, so it is possible the engine has been rebuilt, but so far I haven't any proof of that. So far I have replaced most of the bushing front and back, but still have to do the 4 control arms. I have replaced a lot of the interior with z31 parts, carpet , seats , center console. Still a long ways from where I want to be, but she is a DD now and fun to drive.

post-30603-0-12137100-1404679164_thumb.jpg

Aloha gang! I have an 83' 280ZXT that I have had for around 2 years. Aquired it from a sin city z club member who shipped it to Hawaii from Lasvegas. Always wanted one of these but don't know much about these engines. So its been sitting. Can't find a decent mechanic here who's reliable. So I'm considering a v8 swap. Sbc engines are straight forward and simple for me. Would love to keep her original though. Getting ready to begin work soon as I decide. Aloha from Hawaii! BOLO

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all.  My name is Sean and I'm the proud new owner of a very clean, one-owner 83 280zx non turbo.  I've got a ton of plans for her but like all of you know, it's a process that takes time and money.  I'll try to keep regular updates on here as she comes along. 

Used_1983_Datsun_280ZX_1157260_7702_zpsd

Used_1983_Datsun_280ZX_1157260_5529_zps0

Used_1983_Datsun_280ZX_1157260_5209_zps9

Edited by kendostick

I'm new to this site and I have a question about my oil pan on my 79 280zx, I'm trying to drop my engine in the car but the oil pan hits the sway bar, the engine came out of another car but I don't know which one. How do I know if I have the right oil pan? Maybe I have the right one but I don't know the tricks to installation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...