HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 7:53 AM, ZR8ED said:

Nice car.  I saw that listed on Kijiji.

I am a long time Z owner, and I just purchased a low mileage 1981 zxt.  This makes Z number 18 for me.

The car was in NL and I was in ON.  2400km and a 16hr ferry ride to get the car home.

Wow! That's one heck of a trip!

• 3 months later...

looks amazing as always. love the new wheels. what sizes are you fitting on there? i run 17x7 225/45/17 up front and 17x8 235/45/17 rear, 0-offset all around. mine looks like this right now. no more black n chrome, lots changing

new phone 146.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New to the S130. Sorry, no pics yet. Post soon. Just got an 81 280ZX smooth top 2+2 with 79K on the clock. Not my favorite Z but..got it cheap.

Also got an option of a donor car with an SR20DET motor w/Garrett T, 5-speed, 5-lug spindles/ brakes and coilovers from a 300Z.

So...anyone done S13 suspension conversion on an 81 2+2?

Any gotchas on the SR20DET and Tranny swap?

2 hours ago, Bigstauf said:

New to the S130. Sorry, no pics yet. Post soon. Just got an 81 280ZX smooth top 2+2 with 79K on the clock. Not my favorite Z but..got it cheap.

Also got an option of a donor car with an SR20DET motor w/Garrett T, 5-speed, 5-lug spindles/ brakes and coilovers from a 300Z.

So...anyone done S13 suspension conversion on an 81 2+2?

Any gotchas on the SR20DET and Tranny swap?

Are you talking about just the coilover conversion or a full suspension swap?

The full swap has some involved and I think the question is if it's worth it. Sure the S130 rear suspension is not the best design but you can still make them handle OK (BMW E30 has a similar design and seem to be a popular race car)

I kept the S130 suspension and put my resources into tires and aftermarket suspension components. 

Are you saying that the 300Z components somehow have been adopted to work in 280zx? 

So the donor car is a highly modded 90 200SX that has the SR20DET engine, custom headers, intercooler, eng mgt, 5 spd tranny, coilover suspension. The 5-lug hubs, brakes, etc are said to be from a 300Z. 

Wondering if anything beyond the go bits are worth  swapping into my 81 ZX 2+2?

• 2 months later...