HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Great looking zx mellow! that is one of the best all originals ive ever seen before.

Thank you!

The guy, obviously, took great care of it. the last 5 years he owned it he put an average of 250 miles per year. he hurt his knees and couldn't get in and out so he decided to sell. I paid a premium for her but I think it was worth it. All the under side bolts have the zink plating on them, even the exhaust hangers.

The year I bought her I just cleaned her up and showed up at the Z show in Syracuse NY. She got 265 points. I was happy considering most of her competition had been repainted.

Now if I can find money to complete my 2+2.

Sorry it took so long but this link will take you to all the pictures I could find of different things I've done with the car...so far. Remember it's a work in progress.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/hgeorge1@swbell.net/albums

Hudson

Yahoo moved all my photos to Flickr.com so the above link will no longer work. They're also now all lumped together so I'll have to re-organize and put them back in order (when I have more time). Here's the new link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hgeorge1/

Hudson

• 2 weeks later...

Winter is sad over here, so i'll post pics. This is an 81 2+2 GL that i got last year. Everything is stock except for rims, turbo hood and steering wheel that i putted last summer.

here is the pic when i got it home.

IMG_1968.jpg

I think they do a great couple

IMG_1967.jpg

After polishing and waxing, Summer pics with sportmax rims

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

I'm planning to put on this 3 pieces windwest wing next summer

0813_1.jpg

i'm also trying to find a way to fix the stock leather seat

IMG_2022a.jpg

curious to see how that wing looks. Havn't seen many on 2+2s.

i tried to put it on the top, and it will really look good but my friend tell me to not put it because i will have to drill 4 holes to put it on. He doesn't like the fact that we have to drill hole, because he likes to keep the car stock and original.

i tried to put it on the top, and it will really look good but my friend tell me to not put it because i will have to drill 4 holes to put it on. He doesn't like the fact that we have to drill hole, because he likes to keep the car stock and original.

holes can always be filled. Gotta any pics of it mocked up?

Well I guess I can sign in here. I picked up my first z (82 280zx n/a) a couple of months ago. So far things are going slow as christmas, but I'll hopefully have it up and running soon.

This is a great place and I've already learned a lot by reading through the posts here, I'm glad to be a part of the community.

I picked up an 83 280ZX from a teenager who spun a rod bearing in it for $500. All original and in the process of restoring it. I've overhauled the motor and only a few items left with that. I've gone through the entire drivetrain replacing all bearings & seals since she seemed to like to drive on the beach in Florida. Found sand in the transmission and r-200 rear end when I drained them but otherwise, it's cleaning up fine. Only had 1 rust through spot in the right side rocker panel between the door and wheel well. That's fixed and had all suspension parts powder coated.

I'm too the paint part now and should have it completed by this summer. Unless my wife drags home another vehicle she has found. Doing a Jeep Cherokee (engine overhaul & front body work along with the Z now.)

JoeyBVehiclesNissan-Datsun280ZXL28_Engine_020407_4.jpg

*This Zcar has been my dd since 1984. She is a CA car that has required modifications at different times during her journey: a complete turbo high-performance cam kit; a radiator from ‘80 automatic turbo Zcar; heavier struts (KYB GR-2) & shocks (KYB GAS-a-just); and a new matched set of OEM Nissan injectors (265cc).

restoringa1983280zxtcarphotobefore.jpg

*As you can see, a new coat of paint would be good but first-things-first. Rust hits Zcars and this one is no exception: surface rust on several areas (not bad, but engine first); two critical rustic areas exist – right back wheel well and the spare tire well has several quarter-size holes. My bad!!

280zxtJohnHopendoorwhileparked.jpg

*Yes, tan and brown interior with a digital dash; the towel covers one crack in the dash (magnet clamps keeps the towel stationary); recently refreshed OEM seats & leather covers; new floor mats and other interior parts have been purchase from MSA; and …….. The t-tops leaked until a body shop (Darwin’s in Jonesboro) closed them up at my request.

280zxtJohnHhiswheelspictureinsideth.jpg

*Usually, a Zcar with these miles will eventually require an engine rebuild and this happened last summer (2007). This work was done at Jim’s Machine & Auto Shop (Paragould, AR). What a new experience!!! Initially, I started ordering parts from MSA and ebay. The “rest-of-the-story” is provided in the link below. This next photo is the AFTER results. However, next week, a TiAL BOV will be placed on the charged pipe before the 60 mm TB.

Engine bay and IC & Cold Air Intake tubing: AFTER the process.

restoringL28ETAfterenginebayICIntak.jpg

Current status of this Zcar’s restoration project:

*Block: F54 was cleaned (see write-up) and repainted; cylinders bored (+.030) and honed; surfaced milled; and new hypereutectic cast w/ dished pistons, etc. (ITM Engine Components).

*Head: P90a was also cleaned; head & runners of the intake manifold ported-to-gasket, not polished; 3-angle valve grind and surface milled; solid lifters + screw thread inserts; and completely rebuilt head with new springs, valves, etc. (ITM Engine Components).

*Intake Manifold: Stock was cleaned and ported-to-gasket with new TB, not polished; 60 mm TB w/ plastic spacer (PAllnet); turbo barb fuel rail system (PAllnet); and OEM Nissan low impendence injectors (256 cc) (to be changed out).

*Turbocharger System: New Garrett T3/T04E 50 trim w/ .63 a/r housing; downpipe (2.5 in.) with ports to an external TiAL wastegate (38 mm) and oxygen sensor; new TiAL BOV (50 mm) (purchased & schedule to be added next week).

*Ignition and Fuel Injection: New turbo electric distributor and cap, wires; NGK BPR7ES spark plugs; new AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator; high-pressure EFI fuel pump *NR* (95 psi); spark plug wires will be separated as noted in HybridZ and EMS (to be determined).

*Transmission & Differential: Stock T5 (3.54) was rebuilt; GripForce F1 Racing Stage2 clutch kit; stock OEM flywheel shaved; stock turbo LSD R200 differential is fine.

*Cooling System: Oil cooler in the radiator, the latter was taken from a ’80 turbo automatic 280zx; new turbo OEM oil pump; cold air intake kit (MSA); all aluminum, front-mounted air intercooler system (FMIC) (600 HP+) with same side inlets and outlets (2.5 in.) (core - 18”x6”x3.5”); universal FMIC piping kit; and electric dual fan (Maradyne).

*Exhaust System: A new high-flow/3-way CAT with tubing to a new muffler (to be done).

*Body: Louvers cleaned and re-painted; tinted side windows and tinted windshield; and a new coat of paint (to be done).

*Interior: New headliner; re-fabrication of OEM seats & leather covers; and …….

*Miscellaneous: New water pump; new OEM turbo timing-chain kit; stock turbo wheels with Goodyear GTIIs.

*Thanks for looking in on my ride. She is fine and such a joy to drive. Learning with each challenge and thanks to HybridZ for showing the way>>>

John

(jkh280zx)

1983 280zx

The oldest one I've had since I can remember my grandpa bought it for my mom. She drove it till the cam shaft split in half sat for several years cause we thought it wasn't getting fuel. i got interested in it got it fixed then i rear end my ex in my school parking lot 4 months later. got new bumper 3 days later, my parents made me go to a dance with my ex she gets in the car slams the door and the window shatters. she has sat since then.

1981 280z

bought at an auction new the guy who owned it wanted it.