HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Firm, I am in Dallas area too. Awhile back, I purchased a 2+2 turbo for parts from craigs list, for my Turbo car (spares) and son's N/T. It was white and red interior. I took out almost everything. I was planning on keeping the turbo motor to rebuild and build out next year, and swap out my Turbo motor (runs good) but wanted to build a fresh motor for it with some performance mod's.

My point is. I have a complete 83 wiring harness, complete turbo dash, and all the stuff that goes on it. I am pretty new to the forums too here, and have enjoyed all the information. But I plan on joining the local Dallas Z club, just so I can get together face to face with other Z lovers. I am sure its a great place to get together and find sources for items we want, or get suggestions on projects and who has done what, and actually get a chance to look at the results.

They meet once a month, I didn't get a chance to go last month due to working out of town.

Maybe catch ya there?

That's a cool shot man...car looks good. 1500 a month is a pretty good budget, should come together quickly!

Thanks bud. I wish I could've had the chance to get that shot a bit more clear, but there was a security guard rolling up at the time and I was using an ancient point and shoot on a fence.. All those things combined equals a blurry pic that could've come out much better.

As for the $1500/month, Yessir.. I'm looking forward to it for sure. The only thing is that now they're talking about moving my shift from mornings to nights, which means that I might have to spend all my free time applying for other jobs to keep the z budget up as I'm a full time student @ night..

They meet once a month, I didn't get a chance to go last month due to working out of town.

Maybe catch ya there?

Are you talking about the meet out off of 20 in Arlington at the pizza joint? If so I've only been out there once, but I figured that I wouldn't head back out there until I had made more progress on my car. It might be silly, but when I got out there and saw how great some of the cars looked I felt kind of left out, lol.

My main thing now is I know that I need to replace my rack & pinion, but after that I don't know what to do. There are a ton of things that needs to be done, I just don't know exactly what to do first. I guess I'll figure it all out here in a bit though.

Are you talking about the meet out off of 20 in Arlington at the pizza joint? If so I've only been out there once, but I figured that I wouldn't head back out there until I had made more progress on my car. It might be silly, but when I got out there and saw how great some of the cars looked I felt kind of left out, lol.

My main thing now is I know that I need to replace my rack & pinion, but after that I don't know what to do. There are a ton of things that needs to be done, I just don't know exactly what to do first. I guess I'll figure it all out here in a bit though.

Don't know if it's the same, but I do have the complete front end from underneath the 2+2 (as in the whole enchalada). Looks like it could use some new seals in the power stearing unit, and boot's for that. But it might be easier to rebuild and then swap out. Leave me a message and I will send you my phone number.

Na I was talking about the club that meets in Carrollton at the Buffet. (http://www.zcluboftexas.org/) I am not a member yet, December is big expense time for me, but plan on maybe joining in Jan.

Edz280zx, that is a nice z you have there. If you decide you want to go back to fuel injection I can help you out with some ITB's to fit that manifold.

Thanks for the compliment! As far a fuel injection with ITB's, I plan to someday...just a matter of $$$

• 2 weeks later...

My trailer queen :wink: A running 1983 ZXT I got for $100. It burned oil like there's no tomorrow and has the floor pans of the flintstone-mobile. I've rebuilt the motor, rebuilt the steering rack, replaced the ball joints, inner and outer tie rods ends, bearings and rebuilt the door hinges. In the spring I start on the body work and drop the rear end and clean it up. Maybe work on the tranny. I might be done in 10 years or so at this rate

100_1110.JPG

100_1111.JPG

100_1091.JPG