HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

The original color red that it came with. Look at the car in this post I'm putting the link it for. It will look like that only new paint.

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/18/2020131

i have to say.....i wish i had painted mine red somtimes :lol:.

its going to look great. what other planes do you have for it if any?

whats up everyone, been a member for while now, never posted. i am on my second Z now, first was a 91 2+2 NA, now have 79 or 80 ZX mostly all stock except for new tokico shocks/springs, and prothane bushings. no pics, body is not looking well. hopefuly will have time to finish the work that it needs soon.

i have to say.....i wish i had painted mine red somtimes :lol:.

its going to look great. what other planes do you have for it if any?

Uh, well we will see when money presents itself. lol I defintely want to do some mild suspension upgrades, 16" Konig Rewinds(or anything I come across that I like and can afford), nothing mechanically really, no outrageous plans, it runs and drives perfect so I'm currently just enjoying it. It is my first car and it has been really reliable. :D

dude starfishdata, those tail lights look like they want be hard to put on after all, with the cut out's an what not.....will look pretty nice probly:icon42:.

i like the color a lot also, an what you did with the stock bumpers looks great..are you changing the interior to black? it looks to be tan an brown...

Thanks on the bumpers they are stock '83na I belive just got new skin for them. Its just the way they fit into the airdam and rear skirt. It was a pain to get them like that a little trimming, some extra 'glass, a little filler. In the first pic just above the 9 in the bottom pic you can see where we had to trim the corner of the body to get the bumper closer to close the gap between the skirt and bumper.

In those pics there is no interior. the car was origionaly burgandy so thats what you are seeing.

The interior i have in there now is all black except for the seats.

I just had to get a new console and i need new door panel skins next because they are cracking.

The car was gutted before paint of all its nasty burgandy stuff and all the chrome too. Those pics are all taken at Z Car Center in Ft Lauderdale, FL.

I gutted it there, dropped in the motor, then rolled it next door to Custom Coach for paint then rolled it across the ally for a brand new black interior from the carpet up, full dash and all. I hated that burgandy with a passion. I even went so far to change the bulbs in the dash from red to white.

sound's like a plan. i cant do white the head light's always look funny when the car is white to me.....

i have 2 extra BLACK door panel's that arnt messed up at all they look new. i am thinking of selling them if you want them.

i took my tan door panels an had them raped in black suade.

im in Richmond,TX. {outside Houston about 20 Miles}.

the shocks and springs perform great, plus it is a one inch drop, the shocks dont bottom out, it has a stiff ride, but not bouncy and it handles great, as for the bushings it was well worth the work gettting them in place, it really really improves the overall ride and handling of the car. there are much better, and more expensive kits out there for suspension, but for me this one works great.

sound's like a plan. i cant do white the head light's always look funny when the car is white to me.....

i have 2 extra BLACK door panel's that arnt messed up at all they look new. i am thinking of selling them if you want them.

i took my tan door panels an had them raped in black suade.

im in Richmond,TX. {outside Houston about 20 Miles}.

I'm going to get skins made for mine and another set that i have. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy at Too Intense Restoration on how much if I supply my own vinyl. Gonna have them done in the carbon fiber vinyl. Are yours suede? If not as long as the panel backing itself is good, and the window fuzzy is good i might take them for the right price. PM me please.

Only got my first Z less than a month ago, nicely done up '83 280ZX 2+2, probably getting 2nd one next week, a '79 280ZX 2+2 that's pretty sound but VERY ratty and in need of work, mainly because the '83 is done too nicely to screw with and I'd like a project car.

A 2 seater would have been nice, but they were never brought into Oz by Nissan and hence are like hens' teeth, and too expensive to use for bizaare projects.

79_280zx_1_thumb.jpg

280ZX_thumb.JPG

This my 82. My first plans are to strip the body of all the chrome and make it all black. After that I will have figured out what to do with the interior.

You have a lot of work to strip all the crome off.......the window's are the hardest part i would send it to a glass shop if i was you........you will most likly if i remmber right from doing mine, will have to take the windshield out an back hatch window out to get the crome off....an will need to order the window clips {ebay/ or the Z source}.

Nice looking S130 overall....an agree the smoked out headlight lens would look sick.

You should get some smoked headlight covers if your going to make it all black.
an agree the smoked out headlight lens would look sick.

I'm in the process in looking at getting some lenses for my black S130 and was wondering whether to go clear or tinted.

Whats the consenses?

I thought I'd post an update on my car since it's been a while, and I've changed a helluva lot on it lately lol

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

don't worry about the pipes, they're removeable lol

Also, my car's not quite that low anymore, I raised it up about a half inch

And here's a video of how it sounds now that I have my header on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dHX...eature=channel

I'm in the process in looking at getting some lenses for my black S130 and was wondering whether to go clear or tinted.

Whats the consenses?

Get the smoke tinted covers, they hide the hardware. They attach with little silver tabs and you can see them with the clear ones.