HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Hey LUVEMFAST, heres what im talkin 'bout with the headlamp covers. Take a look-see at his first pic.

You can see the mounting tabs with the clears. Personally i like the clears better but on a black zx I'd go for smoke because they blend with the color of the car and hide the mounts.

I thought I'd post an update on my car since it's been a while, and I've changed a helluva lot on it lately lol

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

don't worry about the pipes, they're removeable lol

Also, my car's not quite that low anymore, I raised it up about a half inch

And here's a video of how it sounds now that I have my header on :D

Oh and PurePontiacKid that exaust sound is wicked. Just downright in your face. And I never thought id say this, but allmost too agressive for me. But if you dicide to get new wheels PM me ill take those off your hands for you. I have the iron crosses but i love the six spokes.

nope, those are the rotors, and they're stock... lol they probably just look big because of the size of the wheels ;)

And I'm actually lookin at a new set of wheels right now, but I barely have money for the wheels, and I need to keep a stash "just in case" lol

(just so you know, I'll probably take the tires off if I do ship them, mainly because they're old and probably not safe lol)

I thought I'd post an update on my car since it's been a while, and I've changed a helluva lot on it lately lol

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

DSC03512.jpg

don't worry about the pipes, they're removeable lol

Also, my car's not quite that low anymore, I raised it up about a half inch

And here's a video of how it sounds now that I have my header on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dHX...eature=channel

Hey PurePontiacKid, how did you get your car so low? Cut Springs? Im on suspension technique springs im thinking about trimming them to get the stance that i want.

Nope, I have one of those coilover setups similar to Yasin's (slownrusty) 280ZX, but I used Tokico blues all around, and a generic spring/threaded collar combo (they're "supposed" to go on a DC2 Integra or similar Honda, but it's all the same, and it rides just fine) I still need to do the rears, in those pics, I only have the stock springs with 2 coils cut, but now I'm running just the coilover springs in the back (the threaded collar won't go down far enough without cutting the shocks up, and I didn't have time to do that lol) no pics as of yet, however, I want to wash it first :P

Nope, I have one of those coilover setups similar to Yasin's (slownrusty) 280ZX, but I used Tokico blues all around, and a generic spring/threaded collar combo (they're "supposed" to go on a DC2 Integra or similar Honda, but it's all the same, and it rides just fine) I still need to do the rears, in those pics, I only have the stock springs with 2 coils cut, but now I'm running just the coilover springs in the back (the threaded collar won't go down far enough without cutting the shocks up, and I didn't have time to do that lol) no pics as of yet, however, I want to wash it first :P

Wow, thanks for the info! I wanted to avoid cutting coils unless there was no alternative. So those collars slip right on. Sweet! So only if you want to go really low to you need to mess with cutting stuff off the shock?

Well, there's quite a bit of work involved, I definitely say you should read slownrusty's write up, because if you just slip them on into the stock spring perches, it'll be higher than stock lol

And I didn't realize it until a couple days later that my perches had come loose and made me end up with about a 1/2" of travel while the wheel was in the air! lol

I think all you'd really have to do to go really low would be get a set of camber plates, because apparently they give you about 3/4" more shock travel ;)

But I would say if you want to slam the car on the ground where the frame rail is dragging, then go for a set of 240SX coilovers (search around in the suspension forum, there's a guy that made an adaptor to run the 240SX coilovers on the front ;) )

Yup, your not the only one out here bro. But we are still rare and few. I have yet to see another zx driving around. What area of van nuys are you in?

right on roscoe and balboa.....ive seen a couple around but mostly older guys who don't know about the car really and this site.

You are pretty close by, im on Sherman Way and Van Nuys pretty much. The few that i have seen have been old timers but most of the time when i drive by and say like hi or something they look at me all crazy. At least with the rx7's i noticed that young or old there is always love.

right on roscoe and balboa.....ive seen a couple around but mostly older guys who don't know about the car really and this site.