HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

AutoZone just started selling from a new manufacturer, but they look to be put together better, and only cost $105 or somethin like that, with 1 yr warranty. I just got this one almost 2 weeks ago, don't get to drive the car much as it's the 78 that don't run right... but I'll keep everyone posted on the luck with it...

I've gone through 4 factory pumps and probably a cheap store replacement probably about every 6-8 months when I'm able to drive the car, and I KNOW my tanks have no rust, the one in the 'ZXR is plastic and CLEAN, I think the motor just gives out.

Funny, I've had 4 S130's and only ever bought ONE pump because one of my cars came without one.

I've found the OEM units to be incredibly reliable if you don't shove rust down their throats. They can be a LITTLE noisy, but dead quiet compared to other out-of-tank pumps that can handle 300HP of flow.

But I do agree that a faulty pump, even if just slightly low on pressure, can bring a L engine to it's knees. Bad FPR's are known for causing a lot of issues for people.

well the cheapest fuel pump I could find was like 129 and I bought the car for 400 so I figured if theres rust in the tank it would burn it up relativly fast, so I went to u-pull it and got a pump out of an 81 turbo that had recently been replaced, and it only costed 8 dollars, so I figured it would be a good trial run.

Hi guys, here is my 83 NA with new flush bumpers and front end rework. I've had it for about a year now. Just put in a new dizzy - working vacuum advance is a wonderful thing.

How did you flush up the bumpers? Is just the side skirt off and moved back? How much of a difference with the vacuum advance, been thinking about switching my 81 from the mag pickup to a vacuum advance, did you have to change anything else?

How did you flush up the bumpers? Is just the side skirt off and moved back? How much of a difference with the vacuum advance, been thinking about switching my 81 from the mag pickup to a vacuum advance, did you have to change anything else?

Front and rear bumpers and shock absorbers were removed. The back bumper was replaced with a piece of angle iron, the front one required a bit more fabrication. Then enough was cut off of the side bumper cover panels to allow the covers to be moved in to bolt up to the new bumpers.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're not worried about fender-benders or other mishaps. While the original (heavy as hell) bumpers won't help you much in a real bad crash, they do keep little taps from harming the rest of your bodywork.

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of you by chance know the fastest 0-1/4 mile drag time achieved by a 280zx/ S130 powered by an L28 series engine that can still legally wear license plates?

Well if Bernard won't chime in I will for him lol. I think he ran an 11.2 last summer on a stock block low budget 83.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18435&stc=1&d=1258421264

My newest addition to the stable. My first car was an '81 280ZX so I'm pumped to start playing with this car. I'd feel bad changing anything on my 240Z since its been restored back to its original condition. I'm starting off with restoring the interior and the suspension is probably my first mod. Hopefully picking up a turbo setup for a swap.... and it begins....

280ZX Repaint_thumb.jpg

heres mine a 81 280zx with too many modifications to list and still my daily driver

a-068.jpg

and with the new hood

and the rest of the team

Just curious how the rear wing works on the track and if you have any frame of reference how it compares to other wings such as the whale tails, etc. I'm assuming there is no real effect until 60+ MPH?

I can speak for the ZXR whale tail, there is a slight difference in the way it absorbs road bumps @ 45ish, once you hit 70 it becomes a MASSIVE difference in the way the bumps feel, never ran on a full track without the spoiler for comparisons, but it does indeed help the back end plant in a slolom on an AutoX course.

of course when Datsun claims 365lbs of downforce at 100MPH it should.

I have an 81T since 84 my battle is with rust. Automatic tranny, air intake, JWT ECU, on the suspession I have Tokico springs and blue shocks, sway bars by suspession tec. Swastikas or Snow flakes. I still can't make up my mind what looks best on the car I have a hatch louver but it does not fit with the ZXR whale tail, I may just end up cutting it so it will fit. I am on my second turbo. The rear brakes suck. Now I am having camber isues so I need to do something about it it eats the front tires, I do not want strut plates so I do not know what to do, any ideas are welcome. My AC never worked after years of fixing it I finally gave up. When I figure how to put a picture I will. I really enjoy driving the car but since I have that Horrible Auto climate&%^$#@ I do not get heat in the winter and it gets coooold.:burnout:

I have an 81T since 84 my battle is with rust. Automatic tranny, air intake, JWT ECU, on the suspession I have Tokico springs and blue shocks, swaybars by suspession tec. Swastikas or Snow flakes. I still can't make up my mind what looks best on the car I have a hatch louver but it does not fit with the ZXR whale tail, I may just end up cutting it so it will fit. I am on my second turbo. The rear brakes suck. Now I am having camber isues so I need to do something about it it eats the front tires, I do not want strut plates so I do not know what to do, any ideas are welcome. My AC never worked after years of fixing it I finally gave up. When I figure how to put a picture I will. I really enjoy driving the car but since I have that Horrible Auto climate&%^$#@ I do not get heat in the winter and it gets coooold.:burnout:

:burnout:Wow I am just a dunb dumb here it goes gain.

I have a 81T automatic with a JWT ECU and a home made exhaust, ST sway bars and tokico springs and blue shocks. I am on my second turbo I had the car since 84, I really enjoy driving the car. I have two sets of wheels Swasticas and Snow flakes, I can't make up my mind what I like best. I have a ZXR whale tail it looks good on the car I also have the hatch louvers but they do not fit because the whale tail I may just cut them to make them fit. My issues, the rear brakes suck, the auto climate control never worked I spend too much money on it and still does not work so that means no air not heat. I am also having front camber issues it heats the tires any ideas on how to fix it are welcome but I do not want to put camber plates. Rust is my main battle the back specially. Once I figure how to put pictures I will.

shouldn't be too hard to swap that auto climate crap out for a manual unit,

and much love to anyone running the ZXR whale tail ;)

for pics you can hit the "go Advance" button at the bottom when making a post, scroll down a bit to additional options, there is an attatch files link there where you can upload your images like I just did.

been awile since I've actually shown a pic of mine, this was taken a few years ago, its been torn apart for rebuilding since then, should be back together soon though, and not quite stock either ;)

ZXR2_thumb.jpg

Do any of you by chance know the fastest 0-1/4 mile drag time achieved by a 280zx/ S130 powered by an L28 series engine that can still legally wear license plates?

My 83 N/A, shown in post #179 of this thread, turned 16.1 in September of this year. She WAS 100% original until July 6, 2009 when a woman backed into me at 25MPH. She's fixed now, just no longer 100% original, still has only 63,000miles on her.

I also have an 83 2+2 turbo car that ran 15.1, with 3 inch exhaust, and aluminum flywheel.