HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Here's my 79 280zx. Well, the day that I brought her home. She was all stock and needed some work to get her pretty again. At the moment she looks ok, but still needs a bit of work.

So far I've added seats, a harness for the drivers side, cleaned up the engine bay a bit, de-tinted the back window, and pulled up the nasty carpet and such.

th_0921091907-1.jpg

th_0925091215a.jpg

th_0925091217b.jpg

th_0925091216.jpg

And before you ask, no, I don't have the valve cover anymore, sadly.

My front wheel came off my 83 280zx and the only thing that got damaged was the fender....was doing around 45mph......:rolleyesg:eek: it sucks! make sure your lugs are snug.

Yeah that's the same thing he told me off an S13/240sx but it road like crap way to bumpy and hits everywhere, front suspension it says cusco and those are without the camber kit I guess they took it off before I bought it and the back suspension is an HKS I'll put up some pics on Sunday when I go to the shop.

The black 280zx I bought is the one that the front passenger wheel came right off, splidle broke well pretty much the whole suspension fell apart.

My front wheel came off my 83 280zx and the only thing that got damaged was the fender....was doing around 45mph......:rolleyesg:eek: it sucks! make sure your lugs are snug.

This seems to be a trend with S130's haha same thing happened to me! Luckily I was in Daytona Beach driving on the beach (you can do that there, there are actual smooth sand roads) doing about 10mph. Only damage was to the fender.

Funny cause i had a friend at school whose front wheel came off of his truck. Almost wrecked the front end it slammed hard into the ground then was dragged to the side of the road, not sure who did that for him. I went home same day, and checked out my wheels, only one that was loose was the right front. Im just glad i had something to make me wanna check them.

What HID kit and housings did you use? High and low beam HID?

I bought the HID's off my friend for $100 just low beam but all you need to get if you don't have em is H4 headlights after that usually any aftermarket place has HID head lights but get the H4's they fit right in, mine are 55watt gas bulbs 8000k which is the color of the bulb also the brightness I chose white don't care for color ones, I still need to get a new alternater but they work really good.

Here's a link I just found

http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com/Nissan-280ZX-HID-Kits/

ef5888f6_thumb.jpg

9b1fba8c_thumb.jpg

beca8594_thumb.jpg

4c888f9a_thumb.jpg

I bought the HID's off my friend for $100 just low beam but all you need to get if you don't have em is H4 headlights after that usually any aftermarket place has HID head lights but get the H4's they fit right in, mine are 55watt gas bulbs 8000k which is the color of the bulb also the brightness I chose white don't care for color ones, I still need to get a new alternater but they work really good.

Here's a link I just found

http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com/Nissan-280ZX-HID-Kits/

I'm definitely going to get the bi-xenon bulb so I can keep the high beam. What I'm worried about is the conversion housing. I have a cheap set in the car right now with some bright H4s and the reflectors suck in them. There are conversions out there with lots of reflectors that would work good with the H4 bulbs I have now. The problems is that most HID/xenon lights look bad in reflector based light housings meant for bulbs and look better in a projector style housing.

Yes they reflect kinda weird but by having Hid's with projector beam they don't tend to spread the light well enough and end up only consentrating into one direct place instead of spread out, but every projector beam works different for instance my friends BMW X5 has projector and already had hid's but he changed the bulbs and the bulbs are not straight as you would imagine it to be in an H4 headlight there facing to the side and the reflexion goes a out of the projector. But you can either spend more wait it out I was gonna do that but for 100 bucks it way better than those cheap blue bulbs that my headlights came with I would put higher wattage but I don't want to burn my harness and these hid's don't they run like if they were normal bulbs.

I'll be changing mine later on to projector when I find the right ones.

Yes they reflect kinda weird but by having Hid's with projector beam they don't tend to spread the light well enough and end up only consentrating into one direct place instead of spread out, but every projector beam works different for instance my friends BMW X5 has projector and already had hid's but he changed the bulbs and the bulbs are not straight as you would imagine it to be in an H4 headlight there facing to the side and the reflexion goes a out of the projector. But you can either spend more wait it out I was gonna do that but for 100 bucks it way better than those cheap blue bulbs that my headlights came with I would put higher wattage but I don't want to burn my harness and these hid's don't they run like if they were normal bulbs.

Do you have any close ups of the housings you are using? Also, any good pics or videos at night?

Do you have any close ups of the housings you are using? Also, any good pics or videos at night?

I can do pics I use my iPhone so videos Id have to figure out but here are some pics on the bottom o the thread there are sone I took at night.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab149/muerte_miquiztli/cefe92a2.jpg

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab149/muerte_miquiztli/2efc6d2e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I sold my 1980 and bought this 1983 2+2. It had so many cheap mods it was a nightmare getting passed smog. Previous owner said I couldn't get it smogged because the transmission was stuck in first gear. Now I just need to make a friend that can reprogram the digital dash to read past 85.

01-16-10043.jpg

There is a thread on HID conversions over here for my S30

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/83396-the-ultimate-hid-headlight-upgrade-the-easy-way/

I just did my S130 last night..... I'll do a write up if anyone is interested. Works great especially with the tinted covers :)

WELLLLLL just got another one....cant say how much i love these cars! Hopefully i can fix the damage on the underside (rear dif/bar is ripped from unibody) but if not it will be one hell of a parts car. Get ready for the vin plate/number

Made 12/78

vin# HLS130123404

Picked it up yeasterday and will snap pics tomorrow. Its a 2 door coupe light blue with a PERFECT black interior so if i cant fix the rust/underneath the car then it will sadly (read VERY sadly) become a parts car.