HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

uhhhh i was thinking your revs were higher with su's and those are Z Therapy not just some junk su's. Im thinking that that car in just about any racing situation would probably outrun its efi counterpart, but i could be totally wrong thinking 2-3k more rpms and tuned carbs would run better than a short rpm range and crappy stock efi..but i also think for the money he spent a nice megasquirt system would definetely outrun the su's nomatter who builds them.

-Jeff

Hey guys been on the forum a while but becoming active finally. I have a 82 280zx NA that I recently bought an 82 turbo motor for that was running, gonna tear it down and rebuild it. Had the car for the last 6 years and after school and everything finally have a means to do it! I will probably start a build thread soon too. Pictures of the build will come soon as well.

Hey, Heres my s130. Just got it road legal but still have alot of plans (lower, exhaust, grill, put other pair of wheels on to the front, hopefully in the distant future once iv left school RB!)

Going for a mild Boso style

Done so far..

-Rust repaired

-Sprayed Flat black

-Shaved Bumpers

-Custom Front

-SSR 15x7.5 (only on rear in photo)

-All round tidying (half done)

Sorry for Crap photos takn on my phone.

post-6207-098048600 1278138194_thumb.jpg

post-6207-036483000 1278138206_thumb.jpg

well fronts are 15x8 just my rears are 15x10 i measured from where the wheel contacts the rotor to the outer lip. i ordered custom springs to put on my tockicos from a jegs style magazine to drop it where i wanted it. ill have to find the magazine again to see which ones it was. i cant run anything bigger then a 205 60 on the 10s or else ill rub real bad, i had 225s the first time i put them on and it just ripped holes in the sidewalls. fenders have been cut and rolled as well.

Hey Bro, Sick s130!

What air dam is that? is it just a 240 air dam?

I found this in Salem, Oregon on craigslist really nice but the price is rough.

http://salem.craigsl...1790605616.html

Uh that's Steve from Z Therapy's car. That car is an absolute steel. I saw it when I was down at Canby and if I didn't already have a 280ZX and a turbo engine to swap into it.... heck even with five cars at home already I was trying to figure out how to buy it. It's got a lot of really nice parts on it including Tockico Illumina's which you can't get anymore (rears). It seriously sound's like a V8 too and it's super clean. Where can you get a primo 27 year old classic sports car in rust free condition with high performance mods for $4500? That's crazy....

Uh that's Steve from Z Therapy's car. That car is an absolute steel. I saw it when I was down at Canby and if I didn't already have a 280ZX and a turbo engine to swap into it.... heck even with five cars at home already I was trying to figure out how to buy it. It's got a lot of really nice parts on it including Tockico Illumina's which you can't get anymore (rears). It seriously sound's like a V8 too and it's super clean. Where can you get a primo 27 year old classic sports car in rust free condition with high performance mods for $4500? That's crazy....

I'm just not used to seeing 280zx that high on price with or without performance parts. It's a really nice car no doubt.

Lol - and I'm not use to seeing S130s that "have a little bit of rust" and have a sheet of plywood to hold the seat from falling through the floor. Nissan made a ton of the S130s but I very rarely see them around anymore.....

Even funnier when people expect to get a lot for a car that's just not worth much at all, I love my car and I wouldn't sell it even if they offered me a decent amount. People just put insane prices on S30's and even some S130's, ask a few people here most of us get 280zx pretty cheap or even almost given to us. One thing is true you can't expect to get what you put into a car no matter what it is, why you think they take so long to sale?

^ lol i got my zx free..my dad was doing work on somebodys house and the guy ran out of money so he gave my dad this :lol:

Ha! there you go the man just proved he got his for free, beautiful find man couldn't of got any luckier than that!

Yeah yeah he did pretty much pay for it but with work so it all works different ways but same result.

Edited by 280zx@541

^ lol i got my zx free..my dad was doing work on somebodys house and the guy ran out of money

That is not free. Trading labor for a car is just that, trading. If the guy owed your dad nothing and then gave the car away it would be considered free.