HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

79 280zx 2+2 with 83 block and head. doing all the body work on it currently. Which includes properly fixing the rust that has accumulated. Just purchased a mega squirt kit for it but am in no huge hurry to start another phase of the project yet. This is my first Z car and so far am liking it. Traded off a honda to get this car. Only bad thing is i am not autocrossing right now since i traded away my autocross car!!! Budget is fairly tight but am able to do most of the mods myself. Really like this sight and forums on it. Very good resource!

D~

If you are really tight on money get these. They are cheap and can get them any backspacing you want. But these wheels are heavy. I would probably opt for some xxr or sportmax in 16x8 just because they are probably lighter.

I'm running 16x8 front with 4 inches of backspacing and 16x10 rear with 5.5 inches of backspacing.

It has been a really long time since I've posted here. The car has been sitting for the 2 years since the trans blew up, collecting dust. I finally started working on it over the last week or so and the z32 5spd transmission should be going in tomorrow. Once I get a new drive shaft made up it should be ready to hit the road again. In the meantime, I took a little bit of time and spray paint and did some 'decorating' :mrgreen:

430954_10150616960652803_630312802_10847642_2100338353_n.jpg

Hey Bling,

I just picked up an '81zx- I'm thinking about putting on spacers on my stock rims for a better look until I pick up some wheels. I think it'll look better sitting flush...

please post pick after u do it. i think i will look better than stock

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I am new to this site. I just inherited an 81 280zx 5speed N/A because of a blown differential. Its not with me at the moment so I can't post any pics but I have searched and couldn't find any info on if I have a r200 or a r180. If it is a r200 is it a long nose or a short nose? Thanks ahead.

EDIT: Nvm, I found 1 pix but it was really of my bike. I'll get better pictures when I head back to Fresno.

post-28245-081849100 1331770260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.Asian

S30, S130, and Z31 (among many) were long nose diff cars only, from the factory. Weather R180 or R200 it will be longnose.

Thanks, thats good to know.. I was looking at differentials but found so many different ones.. I didnt realize there were that many. Do you know if it'll be a r200 or r180?

Most S130's (280ZX) were R200 in the USA. If it's an automatic there's a greater chance of being R180. Most, if not all iirc, manuals were R200. All 2+2s were R200 and all turbo were R200.

Ok, thats alot. I was just worried because I read somewhere that only the turbos and 82-83 models came with r200..

I double checked the data, PPP is indeed correct.

Something to note though, is how many variants there were all in all. There's 3.364 R180s and R200s, 3.545 R180s and R200s, 3.7 R200, and 3.9 R200. And that's just in the S130 chassis.

Edited by Gollum