HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

thank you much. i hope to have it back and driving in 2 months. just intime to drive it a couple times then tuck it away for the winter. im sure you might have noticed the gas cap beeing a fellow s130 owner. there was also engine bay smoothing out, shaved blinkers front bumper for blinkers built into headlights, some other mods and a yet to be reveled new design of tail lights.20180718_232442.thumb.jpg.5aa5e084ce9ea6ace1ac4cf3084c2eaa.jpg  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow!!! Very cool. It's fun to have a family tie to a car...that's how mine is too...how much more you have to go to fire it up? Kinda wish I kept my motor swap in the nissan family. Just felt it was gonna be cheaper to do a LS motor. Not sure that is true when all is said and done. Looks awsome!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, G-Tech said:

Wow!!! Very cool. It's fun to have a family tie to a car...that's how mine is too...how much more you have to go to fire it up? Kinda wish I kept my motor swap in the nissan family. Just felt it was gonna be cheaper to do a LS motor. Not sure that is true when all is said and done. Looks awsome!!!

Thanks man!! Your car is coming out amazing!! I don't have much left just to wire in a few things and the flying leads from the wiring specialties harness, a driveshaft. And a few more little things. Just more time and money lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my 81zxt in September as a Parts car for my 240z.

as luck would happen to have it I found the original owners family members and they said they had a briefcase full of documents on the car and said I could keep them.

now my son is the proud owner of it (as long as he keeps his grades up and stays out of trouble)

hes 7 and can’t wait till he can drive for the time being I think I’m going to put my 240z project on hold till I get his just right.

9147F8BF-F3C8-4343-AF4A-F4F675675B98.jpeg

F6775294-2235-4C37-8836-2D1C6CF03FBA.jpeg

BF63D802-20A4-4942-AB27-C6D4FE4AE9AB.jpeg

AFC88691-C0E1-472C-B4F9-95897E4E21A9.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals, I guess I'm fairly new to the family. I bought mine a few months ago. 79 stocker. Have big plans to build a street-able GT race car. Long way to go though. It has been sitting for 15 years, so fun little project ahead of me. Mine's the silver one.

20181016_101857.thumb.jpg.b51bbad2d5c6c78040c37272d28bbee6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello, folks! Great looking Zs in here, wow!!! Anyway, I'm Luke. I bought this black 1982 from a family friend when I was in high school, mid 2000s. It was all stock. It's an NA 5 speed with some work done. It's been a great car. This is one of my first posts, but I've spent hours and hours over the past decade or so combing through here quietly getting information that I need. I appreciate this forum and the members. Definitely super helpful. I'm in the process of chasing down some wiring demons at the moment, so I'll be poking around in here. 

IMG951701.jpg

IMG951704.jpg

Edited by Datsuns

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Welcome! Keep and eye on this state bill, your car might be smog testing exempt soon. :-)

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billStatusClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200AB210

Hey, thanks! Man, I hope so. So tired of jumping through hoops smogging an almost 40 year old car with an engine designed in the 60s. That gets driven like 5K miles a year. Waste of time, really. When I got the car, it was to be exempt in 2012. Arnold screwed the pooch on that one. I'm praying this goes through. 

Yeah, I bought my first S130 under the same hope/expectation. That all went up in flames, sadly. I really wish they'd go back to a rolling smog year, but this is at least something.

Back to your regularity scheduled sign-in thread.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:02 PM, Datsuns said:

Hello, folks! Great looking Zs in here, wow!!! Anyway, I'm Luke. I bought this black 1982 from a family friend when I was in high school, mid 2000s. It was all stock. It's an NA 5 speed with some work done. It's been a great car. This is one of my first posts, but I've spent hours and hours over the past decade or so combing through here quietly getting information that I need. I appreciate this forum and the members. Definitely super helpful. I'm in the process of chasing down some wiring demons at the moment, so I'll be poking around in here. 

IMG951701.jpg

IMG951704.jpg

Love the look you have accomplished,  very unique. Very clean looking too...

3 hours ago, G-Tech said:

Love the look you have accomplished,  very unique. Very clean looking too...

Man, thanks a lot! That's quite something coming from you. A real beauty you're working on. I can't wait to see your work as the build progesses. 

• 1 month later...

finally have it "mostly done" as it will never be completely done. but it is ready for the street, shows and of coarse it will still see the 1/4mile and occasionally watkins glen. i think you s130 guys could take a long time to see all the lil mods everywhere. hope you enjoy.  

20190406_153826.jpg

20190424_190517.jpg

20190424_191137.jpg

20190310_182651.jpg

20190331_195142.jpg

20190404_180130.jpg

20190404_180201.jpg

20190404_184606.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I figure this would be as good a place as any to make my first post and introduce myself! Just yesterday I managed to pickup this little guy... I'm not the biggest fan of the color but that can easily be changed. The guy I bought it from said he found it in a barn and that it had been sitting for about 10years. He bought it roughly 10months ago and turned it into what it is now. He put it at about 65% complete which isn't far off. On startup it sounds mechanically fine, at least there isn't any crazy knocking or anything like that. The digital dash works with no issue but wiring for the headlights needs some work. Sadly, the dash has the famous crack down the middle but it isn't huge and should be repairable. Overall I have to say I'm pretty damn happy with car. 

As far as future plans, other than a paint job, I'm still now sure what direction I want to go... But once I decide I'll do my best to document everything I do. I look forward to talking with everyone and sharing my story.

The new baby (2)_LI.jpg