HybridZ

71 build

Adam

engine-

-347 stroker kit (forged)

-dome top eye brow pistons

-Eldebrock 6 inch high rise, rpm preformer intake

-lunani roller cam (dont remember specs)

-aluminum heads

-scorpion roller rockers

-double wound valve springs

-carbon molloy push rods

-custom mac 351 long tube headers (needed these for more flow)

-full exaust with x pipe and borla mufflers

-demon 850 double pumper, or a 600 holly vac secondarys (for mpg)

-crome valve covers

-A new little toy that wines (on the way)

-center force (second one)

car-

-upgraded sway bar (front and rear)

-urithane bushings

-motorsport airdam and sideskirts

-window tint

-eagle alloyd wheels (the sport max 002 on the way)

-shaved bumpers

I am currently installing a t-56 in my car and installing a dual friction centerforce clutch and hoping it will hold for a little while.

It went in ok had to moddify the trans just a little because of lack of clearence, never an issue with our cars lol. However I am now having a tuff time getting a drive shaft made for it. The problem is that the yoke diameter is really large compaired to our small tail shaft flange. Other than that I used the same stuff I had for the t-5. Do any of you know of anyone who makes new rearend flanges or adapters to go from datsun to ford? Oh I will try to post some pics up soon.

Adam,

Are you trying to mate the Ford front yoke to the Datsun rear flange? If so, the better method is to purchase the Chevy adapter for the rear flange and have a drive shaft made with the Ford front yoke and Chevy rear flange. For my swap I was able to have this done in a day or so.

Josh

I went to a local drive shaft shop and had a new shaft made. I supplied the front yoke and they made the rest for about $200.00 including tax and labor. This was with new solid ujoints and a Ford 8.8 rear flange.

I would have a new shaft made with your front yoke and get the Datsun to Chevy rear flange as mentioned above. Any good drive shaft shop should be able to get it for you.

A 1310 U joint is a 1310 U joint regardless of whether it is on a Ford, Chevy, Dastun or any combination there of

https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Pages/Parts_DAT_driveshaft_flange.html

I am running GM motor mated to a TKO. The TKO needs a Ford C6 yoke. I already bought a diff flange from the link above. I am getting a driveshaft made from this place

http://www.pstds.com/

Also why center force? I had one of those clutches on my L6 and was never too happy with it.

Thanks for the input, I guess I will buy a few more pieces and draw it out for the people. I ordered the flang btw. As for the centerforce clutch I have always heard good things about them, and they have a high hp rating. Would you suggest somthing different?

hi guys,

i have a question about drive shafts, my car vibrates on high RPM, i have the stock ford drive shaft and the datsun flang welded together.... i saw the Chevy adapter for the rear flange and it looks like a better idea than what i have, my question is about the U joints since its my first time buying them, on summit's site, they have maybe 30 of them

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=1310+U+joint+&N=700+115+4294817041&Ntk=KeywordSearch

which one is the right one???

another thing is my front differential mount, should i get a solid one or just a stock one?

hi guys,

i have a question about drive shafts, my car vibrates on high RPM, i have the stock ford drive shaft and the datsun flang welded together.... i saw the Chevy adapter for the rear flange and it looks like a better idea than what i have, my question is about the U joints since its my first time buying them, on summit's site, they have maybe 30 of them

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=1310+U+joint+&N=700+115+4294817041&Ntk=KeywordSearch

which one is the right one???

another thing is my front differential mount, should i get a solid one or just a stock one?

You will have to measure the u-joint to see what size you have and as to the diff mount I am using a soild one but others responses may very.

actually i'm not asking about my current u joint size, i would like to know the size needed to use it with JTR V8 flang adapter.

about the solid mount, is it streetable or is it a bit harsh?

The u-joint that you need is a 1310, I believe and I would get PCN-369 because I like to have the grease zerk. Someone correct me if I am wrong, as for the diff mount being to harsh, I dont have a problem with it, and I drive mine all the time.

ok one more question, would this u joint from summit work on the stock ford tranny yoke??

edit: i found the answer and the answer is yes it will fit the ford tranny yoke :)

my other question now is the stock yoke has 28 or 31 spline?? my tranny is a stock 1989 tranny.

ok one more question, would this u joint from summit work on the stock ford tranny yoke??

edit: i found the answer and the answer is yes it will fit the ford tranny yoke :)

my other question now is the stock yoke has 28 or 31 spline?? my tranny is a stock 1989 tranny.

Here, this should be the yoke you need FMS-M-4841-B. If my memory serves me correct that a t-5 tranny uses a 28 spline.

Look at these links. They contain some really good info pertaining to the driveshaft parts, pieces, and build-up.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=86748&highlight=Neapco

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=65652&highlight=Neapco

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=75332&highlight=U-joint

Pay special attention to the topic of U-joint alignment as discussed by PPARASKA. If you do not have correct alignment of the U joints, you will experience some bad vibration issues.

• 1 month later...

Well got it all done a month ago, sorry late on the info. and I drove it all the way from Fl to San Diego, Ca. Unfortunatly job hunting is not going quite so well so it might be making another cross country trip, lol. I will post up some pics as soon as I get my hands on a camera.