HybridZ

Woot! new rims!

some diamond racing 15x10. great company! highly recommend it. cheap well built rims!

after 3 months wait (because the chrome shop took forever on the chroming for the centers) i finally decided to just get the raw steel centers and powdercoat them. the rims were then made and shipped the next day. here they are :D now i just need some coilovers to replace these tokico springs :D

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

oh crud...now I need my diamonds to be re-done... :-P

If you order the diamonds in the fall you will have to wait a while. When I ordered from them it took a month because they were backed up in high priority wheels for circle track racing. Ordering them bare would have removed a week from my wait time.

I'm not complaining...just informing. Great wheels and pretty strong for the weight.

i got the 'pro series' when i called bill, i told him i wanted a set for street and occasional track/ autox and was thinking of the avenger series. he said that it was too light and would be destroyed if i went over a pot hole, welds crack or something and recommended the pro series which is 5 lbs heavier but is suitable for street use. the 'race' series wheels run from 13-15lbs each i believe, the pro series r 18lbs each. i havent weighed them with the tires mounted however. yea i knw i see the rust in the centers and cringed haha

oh and i like the stretched look. like donuts :D

ok took the car to the track for the first time at pacific raceway.

it rubs lol

on turn 2 the wheel well dug a groove in the tire lol. but then again i didnt cut the origin lip when i installed the zg flares. i need to do that next lol.

I love the looks of Diamond Racing wheels, I just don't like the weight. Their 16X8 in the lightest series (they ask you to constact them if your car is over 2500lbs on these wheels) is 21lbs.

You have to remember these rims are STEEL and made to take the abuse of circle track racing. Unless you are going to be seriously road racing a fat 280z I would not worry about the rims having too much stress. They are heavy duty rims...I mean they install beadlocks on them!!!

With my skinny 260Z they do pretty good!

And yes they clear the smaller 4x4 calipers. Don't know about the Z32 rotor/4x4 calipers...