HybridZ

Sayonara HybridZ

RacerX

I hope the moderators will grant this last request, to please leave my last post here in the Body/Paint forum because this is where I resided a majority of my time as a member.

Wow! It's amazing that I've been a privileged HybridZ member since 2001 – time does fly!! I really really enjoyed my stay here - thank you!!

It saddens me to say “farewell†to all of you guys on this great website – HybridZ!!!

It has been a fantastic experience seeing HybridZ grow. Thanks to the founders for having the insight to start this website. Many thanks to the great moderators that keep the forum from turning into the typical “free for all†websites I've come across. Thanks to “Super Dan†whom you never really hear about, but for the new members, he's the man who keeps HybridZ afloat! Great job Dan!!

I've met many wonderful people on this forum. I wish to thank those of you who have inboxed me with painting questions along with words of kindness and support! Thank you to those I've had the privilege of working on their cars!

During the past couple of years I've been receiving some “not so nice†e-mail messages. I've done what I could to ignore them. It seemed that everytime I posted some technical info I got “static†about it and questioning the authenticity of the information; that I copied it from the internet!! It's humorous to me, that the one comment that pops up in my mind readily is that I am not “qualified†to be a member of HybridZ because I don't even have a Zcar project - LOL. I thought I read the rules and I don't remember it stating that one of the requirements for being a member of HybridZ was to have a Zcar!! Perhaps I may be wrong?

In any case, I've come to appreciate even these type of e-mail messages as a humbling reminder of how little I really know.

I'd like to address those that felt that I provided “mis-information†in regards to painting and other bodywork related procedures. I never meant to mislead anyone and I do mention getting more information so that you could decide for yourself. I never mentioned that I knew it all or that I'm an expert – far from it! I was merely sharing my experiences!

I've learned quite a bit from all of you, your projects are always inspiring. Special “thanks†to those whom I've kept in contact with and hope that we still can. I apologize for not mentioning any names but I would be disappointed if I had left out anyone – so please pardon me for not putting down a list. I will be on the outside looking in at times!

I will be leaving the area and the restoration industry but excited to educate myself in another arena of the automobile which I believe will be revolutionary!!

May all of you acquire the joy in building your ride from it's humble beginnings to bathing in it's sartorial splendor – remember it's the journey not the destination!!

Sayonara everyone – enjoy the ride!!!

Ernie (formerly RacerX)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie -

I'm sorry to see you are moving on. I've been a fairly silent member for years. I don't post much, but I read regularly. Your posts alway seem to be well thought out, well written and based on solid experience. I've never seen one of your posts take the tone that you claimed to "know it all" with respect to body/paint work. You seemed to be genuinely interested in helping other members out and sharing your knowledge and experience. It seemed to me you embody the true spirit of this site. I always enjoyed reading your posts and I alway felt I learned something or, at least, heard about something I needed to explore further.

Questioning what you read online and questioning someone else's knowledge is a fairly healthy habit when dealing with folks over the net, but attacking someone's credibility or their right to be a part of this community isn't what this site is about. Sorry you had to deal with the many egos that seem to pop-up on this site from time to time.

In any case, I wish you the best in your new adventure.

-Wagz

Ernie, very sad to see you go. I have always valued and trusted your opinion and knowledge on this site. You've always been willing to answer my questions in a polite and kind manner, in something where I'm an uber-newb. I'm saddened to hear that you are getting flamed by so-called "members" of HybridZ because you don't have a Z-car. Thats the same as saying members like "grumpyvette" don't know about engines because he doesn't have a Z-car. To me that is the reason we flock to HybridZ, not because each of us owns a Z-car but because we all want to share what we know, our experiences, our KNOWLEDGE, and our opinions about cars without being condemned and flamed.

Again, Ernie I'm going to miss your post on Hybridz, please keep in touch if you don't mind through email. I'll PM you my address,

Tyson

Ernie-

I, like many others have been fairly silent for the time I have been a member, but have always looked foward to your posts. They have helped get me going in the right direction. I know I will continue to search your posts for what I need to know when it comes to paint. Thanks for all you have done for this great site. May the universe smile on all you do.

gb20

Ernie,

Good luck with what ever it is you are getting into. Many thanks for the technical advice you have given me over the years. It all was solid advice and worked out great. It's amazing you were able to do that and not even have a hybrid Z!

Hope you drop by and check in occasionally.

It sounds like you're on to bigger and better things, so for that congratulations. If however this is motivated by some ignorant people questioning your integrity I think you should stick around. There are enough people here who know that you're the real deal and look to your posts for the right way to do things that the few idiots shouldn't drive you away.

It sounds like you're on to bigger and better things, so for that congratulations. If however this is motivated by some ignorant people questioning your integrity I think you should stick around. There are enough people here who know that you're the real deal and look to your posts for the right way to do things that the few idiots shouldn't drive you away.

I feel the same way, Ernie.

At least let us know where we can find your posts in the future, via Private Message, maybe. I'm root'in for you!

Ernie:

Thanks again for always being willing to entertain my questions about body work/painting. Like the others, I've always appreciated your willingness to share information. If you are ever back over in the Arkansas area, get in touch with either myself (NWA area) or Terry (Little Rock area) for a little AR hybridZ time.

Bryan

Ditto what Jon said! There is always someone who thinks they know everything. I work with a guy like that, no matter what way I do something its the wrong way because I should be doing it the way he does it! Those type of people are tools, the smart people are the ones who listen to other peoples ideas and use what they can from it to better themselves.

I hate to see you go, you were deffinelty out paint/body guru if you ask me! Hopefully you'll stop in once and a while to give us some good info!

Guy

Man, that really makes me sad to see someone that really has something to offer get turned away by some clowns (whoever they may be) that wouldn't know good advice if it fell on their heads...I know I get random PM occasionally, but I've never gotten anything that was out and out hostile. I wish you the best of luck anyway, and I really hope you'll keep in touch with all of us when the mood strikes.

Ernie, it is a sad day to see you leave. I hope that it's more to concentrate fully on the new venture than because of people bashing you off line.

Please, accept my thanks for the kind words in threads and PMs about things other than to do with cars. I found those messages, just like the ones here about paint and body, to be humble, insightful, and from the heart.

I will really miss your posts and PMs. I don't hang in this forum much, since I just couldn't bring my humble skill set in body/paint to my Z, and just did the checkbook thing when that part of my project car came up. But I learned from you just the same.

And to those bottom-feeders that sent the negativity Ernie's way, go pound sand! I'll never understand ego-driven people that can't accept that maybe someone else understands their area of expertise but has their own ways of doing things and then lowers the ego-boom on them. Since we are moderated, we don't see that nasty stuff here too often - we REQUIRE tact, fact, and no bashing for just that reason - to keep it a fun and useful place on the 'net, not a place for egos to be pumped up like so many other sites out there.

Ernie, please reconsider staying one of the family. Let the little minds have their ego-fits and check back in every once and a while, o.k.?

Sincerely,

It is indeed sad that a minority of small-minded butt-holes can drive away a person who has contributed so much .

I would be willing to bet that there are many body noobs like me who have read and learned from Ernie's posts - and who are in the vast majority in hoping that he will change his mind about leaving here.

If not, Thanks and good luck in the "next thing".