HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome this is still going on. Holy crap. Should of got commission. :P

I have a gold set that has never been mounted. I am on the fence about keeping it or going with one of the gun metal styles. What color are people painting the car to go with gold?

:)

Edited by rudypoochris

I have a gold set that has never been mounted. I am on the fence about keeping it or going with one of the gun metal styles. What color are people painting the car to go with gold?

White car gold wheels look good :rolleyes:

8003333593_8c192c0cdb_c.jpg

Pm'd you. if your gold set is teh RBRs 17x9 and 17x9.5 i'd be very interested in purchasing them if you decide to sell them. let me know

Out of curiosity, has anyone had reliability issues with this wheel? Cracking or otherwise?

Also, what kind of interest is there in a forged version of this?

I have put a few hundred miles on them so far without issue. I know Rotas have had a questionable past with broken wheels. I am sure forged wheels may interesting for the people in the racing scene. Especially the people that street drive the cars but track on weekends.

I would rather get a forged version of the RK-R in our sizes, personally.

I did not realize RK-R existed. I wish I could see the two next to each other. I think the RK-R look is closer to the Watanabe and represents what I was going for back when I started this group buy. I am waiting to hear back from Rota on a forged wheel. I think if new molds are being made it makes sense to make them in RK-R and not RB-R.

Anyone have pictures of a 17" RK-R on a small car like the Z? My only real reservation is that it would look out of place at sizes past 16".

Starting another group buy for a car that's still not on the road? Please prove me wrong Chris, I'd love to find out that thing is driving!

We want it to be running by end of November. We have made significant progress. Everything is done for it to run minus the engine/dash electrical. Once it is running I will finish the interior/exterior out here in the Bay.

My E92 335i is doing 430whp though btw. Gotta love that.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only person that would be interested in 15x9 -13 and 15x9.5 -19 4x114.3 Rota RK-R? or even 16''

I think this would be an awesome wheel.

Kim should have do a group buy of these.

Edited by pr20de

Am I the only person that would be interested in 15x9 -13 and 15x9.5 -19 4x114.3 Rota RK-R? or even 16''

I think this would be an awesome wheel.

Kim should have do a group buy of these.

What tires would you run?

I chose 17" so that we could fit street and track tires. I am not aware of street tires for that width in 15".

Edited by rudypoochris

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna sell that set by chance? I'm ready to buy NOW :)