HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

sorry if I ask few answered questions but I will do more reading of this thread. What is the final price for 17x9F 17x9.5R, who do I contact for payment, and when will royal gold be available? Also, I know that there will be about 0.5' of gap if you're using Wide ZG flares(still looks nice) but what about regular flare? thanks a lot if I'm asking again.

No worries. The final price is $750 shipped within the mainland USA. I BELIEVE that it may be possible to go for $700 if you pay with a money order, but that was a while back and I would not be surprised if the economy has shifted a smidgen.

For payment/ordering please email the North American Rota Rep. at kimcosmic@juno.com. He will be able to assist you, do let him know you are with the HybridZ group buy and whether or not you would like the RB or the RB-R style. For the basic difference between these two, consult post #433. Additionally pictures of the two have been posted later in this thread.

Royal Gold will not be made available on initial shipment from what I hear so expect it to arrive at the warehouse a week or two after the start of October. Shipping is typically prompt from what I understand once the wheels actually arrive stateside.

The .5" gap is in addition to whatever gap 280ZForce is running on his red 280z. All in all the gap may be more than .5" with wide ZG's. Off the top of my head I do not remember exactly how much farther inwards the rubber will stick on a stock ZG flare... I believe it is about a 1/4" or flush.

Hope that helps! If you need anything else feel free to PM or post here.

When I was checking out the setups and fitment, I determined that 4.9" of BS would probably rub the spring perches, are you running copilovers or is it just really really close? Also at full lock I was anticipating issues unless a 205 or 215 was used. The rears should fit no problem as that is a very forgiving area.

In no way will the wheels fit without flares and get it to tuck. In no way are you gonna have that 9.0" in the front with a rolled lip and get it to tuck. Maybe with a different offset and coilovers, but that's a completely different wheel and not what you can get at with these group buy wheels.

When I was checking out the setups and fitment, I determined that 4.9" of BS would probably rub the spring perches, are you running copilovers or is it just really really close? Also at full lock I was anticipating issues unless a 205 or 215 was used. The rears should fit no problem as that is a very forgiving area.

My 8.5s are very close to the stock springs but fit nicely...I had to do a lil hammering to the stock metal air dam so the tires wouldn't snag it when turning. The rubbing that goes on is only in the rear on heavy dips and corners and its rubbing on the outside edge of the tires. I think some 225s or 215s would solve that...maybe even another brand of tire. Steering effort is noticeably increased (as expected) BTW.

Considering the price really isn't cheaper than standard prices, probably as long as they have wheels. I think it's the sheer fact that we got the wheels in the first place that was the benefit of the group buy.

IIRC, the money order was sent off to the name of Kim's business. I forget what it is but I think it's further back in the thread.

The group buy was mainly for wheels in the first place, but I have a rather strong suspicion that this price won't last long past the completion of this group buy.

As to the money order info... post #866, I will copy it below. :)

As for 'where to send the money', WizardBlack has alerted me that he has been told to send his money order to:

28301 Industrial Blvd.

Suite V

Hayward, CA 94545

Made out to 'Cosmic Marketing Group" with "ATTN: Kim" as well.

Just to clear up some questions people have been asking me:

1. The front wheels in RGM and Bronze have been in the warehouse for half a week or so, but the rears (9.5") are arriving this coming Tuesday or Wednesday, at that time the representative will start shipping those colors. Some other colors may go out right away too, but the rest will arrive ~10 days later.

2. The price is the same. Rota is not making money on this sell, probably losing it (I am unclear here), but the representative wants to honor the price of $750 shipped for us within the mainland USA. I do very much suspect that the price of these wheels will be more, not sure how much though, after this group buy. I do not know the pricing for special setups such as 9.5" x 4, that is a question for the represenative (kimcosmic@juno.com).

3. Do not send your money now! Wait for the representative to contact you.

Thanks guys! We are very close. :)

So what is the consensus of tire size that will fit under standard ZG flares?

I'm doing 9.5" front and rear. Myron test fit his 255/40-17 w/ 9.5" up front and said it fit. Could I go to a 275/40-17 tire up front under standard zg's??? Could one of you guys with the 275/40-17 on the rear mount in on the front? I just want to see what I'm getting into before I buy tires and flares.

275/40-17 fit in the rear correct?