HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

what is the bolt pattern different?

the spacing only goes so far out?

im running those BAMF flares and wondering if these can fill them out... I know Gixxer is running em also but its hard to tell without a down the side pics.

The offsets and the widths of the 16's are different. They are the same look, but entirely a different fit/size. I do believe there are 16x8's that should fit our cars, but I am not 100% on it.

Im not sure if anyone has weighed these wheels but i put them on my shipping scale at work when they came in.

they are both 20lbs 17x9 and 17x9.5 I also picked up a set of Kumho ecsta xs tires 245 45 17 and 275 40 17 they weighed in at 26lbs and 29 lbs respectively. The wheels came in very fast once i made the payment maybe a week, same with the tires "tirerack" wish i could say the same with the rest of my parts....

Matt

Im not sure if anyone has weighed these wheels but i put them on my shipping scale at work when they came in.

they are both 20lbs 17x9 and 17x9.5 I also picked up a set of Kumho ecsta xs tires 245 45 17 and 275 40 17 they weighed in at 26lbs and 29 lbs respectively. The wheels came in very fast once i made the payment maybe a week, same with the tires "tirerack" wish i could say the same with the rest of my parts....

Matt

That's in line with measurements I took using a bathroom scale. My Rota's with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 255 40 17's (25lbs each) all around weighed in at ~46lbs each. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they were only a pound heavier than the Enkei 17 x 7 rims with Falken Azenis 615 225 45 17 tires that they replaced!

Nigel

'73 240ZT

• 1 month later...

what is the bolt pattern different?

the spacing only goes so far out?

im running those BAMF flares and wondering if these can fill them out... I know Gixxer is running em also but its hard to tell without a down the side pics.

Go to my post here to see a side by side comparison of the 17" RBR's next to 16" RB's: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/57565-rota-rbrb-r-4x1143-17-z-offset-wheels/page__view__findpost__p__853897

Maybe soon I can take shots of them actually on a car for comparison purposes.

Hey Guys, Sorry if I missed it somewhere. I've seen people say the wheels will fit with out coilovers and some say it cant be done. So I just want to confirm if these wheels will work with the stock suspension setup. I've got flares and the Tokico HP struts and springs that drop the car about an inch. I just hope they are still available if they will fit.

Hey Guys, Sorry if I missed it somewhere. I've seen people say the wheels will fit with out coilovers and some say it cant be done. So I just want to confirm if these wheels will work with the stock suspension setup. I've got flares and the Tokico HP struts and springs that drop the car about an inch. I just hope they are still available if they will fit.

What car?

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I would like to buy a set of RB's. How should i go about ordering? Who did you guys contact to place your order?

I bought them trough Kim Bong, you can get in contact with him useing the e-mail address below. He might take a while to get back to you.

kimcosmic@juno.com

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update for anyone here who might be interested- It seems the price has gone up? I've contacted kim and gotten a quote for 825 dollars through paypal, or 800 by money order. Wonder if shipping is just too much lately?

Could that be because you're in Australia? The $750 price was (as far as I know) only for people in the lower 48 states of the USA. $825 shipped down under still doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Haha didnt notice HZ changed locations automatically. Im actually american living here on a 12 month working holiday visa (6 year long distance relationship, woo)- And the shipping address was actually Las Vegas. 825 by all means still doesnt seem bad, but its still 75 bucks haha. Oh well- I cant complain, still much cheaper (shipped no less) than anything else I want. Ive got an address I can have it shipped to in california as well (Los Angeles), so im seeing if that shorter distance makes any difference.

Gas has skyrocketed lately, so it should be expected if anything- but well see.

I hope Kim isn't in the habit of reading our forums, because I'd be willing to pay $1,000 for those RB's if I was in the market for some wide rims. They're definitely worth every penny as you can't find anything close to the size for the price that will fit our cars.

Haha- appreciate the offer gothalosism- But ive still got a place there to ship them to (where im storing the car currently). Hopefully itll be cheaper to ship them to california, but if not oh well- off to vegas they go. Again I say we should meet up one of these days when I get back vegas after my visa expires if youre still in town. Im itching to get my 72 turbo onto some circuits when im back (Las vegas motor speed way, spring mountain is BRILLIANT if you get the chance, willow springs, etc), always looking for more buddies to make the days even better if youre into that type of thing.

Still waiting on a reply from kim- Got a speedy first reply from him, but the last 2 have been painfully slow- and as others have pointed out, void of information. The mans short on words- Cant complain too much though, its an amazing offer.

Edit for update reasons:

Finally heard back from Kim- The price has simply gone up, as expected, due to increased shipping costs (again nothing unexpected with gas nearly having doubled). The fact that he can keep it at 825 (through pay pal- its actually 800 via money order) is still awesome.

We should probably get the OP to update the first post on this page to reflect this price change- And maybe include kims contact information so you dont have to sift through posts to find him as I had to.

Edited by Sideways

• 4 weeks later...

Haha- appreciate the offer gothalosism- But ive still got a place there to ship them to (where im storing the car currently). Hopefully itll be cheaper to ship them to california, but if not oh well- off to vegas they go. Again I say we should meet up one of these days when I get back vegas after my visa expires if youre still in town. Im itching to get my 72 turbo onto some circuits when im back (Las vegas motor speed way, spring mountain is BRILLIANT if you get the chance, willow springs, etc), always looking for more buddies to make the days even better if youre into that type of thing.

Still waiting on a reply from kim- Got a speedy first reply from him, but the last 2 have been painfully slow- and as others have pointed out, void of information. The mans short on words- Cant complain too much though, its an amazing offer.

Edit for update reasons:

Finally heard back from Kim- The price has simply gone up, as expected, due to increased shipping costs (again nothing unexpected with gas nearly having doubled). The fact that he can keep it at 825 (through pay pal- its actually 800 via money order) is still awesome.

We should probably get the OP to update the first post on this page to reflect this price change- And maybe include kims contact information so you dont have to sift through posts to find him as I had to.

Definately a steel and they are a perfect fit on the S130 - the ONLY wheel I've seen that fits the S130 properly without spacers..... I asked about getting other Rota's in this offset but Kim says the closest would be the Grids at +12mm

I'd love to get in on this guys, I've been looking for some new wheels that are 17x9's 17x9.5 is even better haha. Do i just contact this Kim Bong? Or do I say here if i want to buy them? Also I'm in Hayward so i can pick them up.