HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Just email him and wait for a response. Tell him you're from hybridZ and you're in hayward and willing to pick up. Not sure if the price is still the same, but if it's raised a little it's still going to be cheap compared to any other option in this size that fits.

• 1 month later...

I think, and this is just thinking and really grasping at straws here, if you order the RB, and NOT the RB-R rim the center cap MIGHT clear. Reason being is that the original RB prototype used basically a cast in place spacer to get to the offset specifications that we were wanting. When the prototype came in Chris was like "what the hell, this isn't the RB?!" and after contacting rota found out it was the RB-R that we wanted, and then he also specified that we'd like it if the rim spokes were actually moved in, not just mass added to the mounting surface.

As far as I know, BOTH went into production. The RB rim is heavier and has less lip, and thus also has deeper sunken lug holes hence the center cap mount surface is further from the actual hub.

If only the RB-R went into production then center caps will not really have a hope to fit. Custom caps would be required.

Personally, I'd say just get your caps painted and call it good.

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone else is interested in ordering a set...

Just an update. I've been in contact with Kim to order a set of these. Last word was that they are on back-order until around mid Nov (now). Haven't heard back from him yet, but I am sure he will reply soon. Sometimes takes a few days. Anyway, there could be a further delay, but I am thinking they will be good to go before spring...i am hoping at least lol.

Rich

I think, and this is just thinking and really grasping at straws here, if you order the RB, and NOT the RB-R rim the center cap MIGHT clear. Reason being is that the original RB prototype used basically a cast in place spacer to get to the offset specifications that we were wanting. When the prototype came in Chris was like "what the hell, this isn't the RB?!" and after contacting rota found out it was the RB-R that we wanted, and then he also specified that we'd like it if the rim spokes were actually moved in, not just mass added to the mounting surface.

As far as I know, BOTH went into production. The RB rim is heavier and has less lip, and thus also has deeper sunken lug holes hence the center cap mount surface is further from the actual hub.

If only the RB-R went into production then center caps will not really have a hope to fit. Custom caps would be required.

Personally, I'd say just get your caps painted and call it good.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I am "In" for the group buy wheels and will contact Kim.

Tire availability is the driving factor here and the choice to use a 17" rim is pretty obvious.

Spent the weekend reading this entire thread. Lots of hard work here. Thanks to all who put this together.

TJ

My order is going through, should be on my doorstep within a week. After payment, its about a week or so to ONtario, Canada.

Everything is pretty smooth so far. Kim is good to deal with, like others said, not a man of many words, and he is busy, but you'll get your product and a good deal if you are patient.

I'll be the only one in my city with this setup for sure...:)

Now to order some fender flares..

Rich

Not sure yet. Might try to squeeze a 225 on the front and go 255 on back. Most likely end up with 235/45 front and 255/40 back.

or 245/40 all around (closest to stock rolling diameter).

I put this together for ref:

stock:

195/70/14 24.7(diameter), speedo

225/45/17 = 25 0.9% too slow

235/45/17 = 25.3 2.3% too slow

245/40/17 = 24.7 0.1% too fast

245/45/17 = 25.7 3.8% too slow

255/40/17 = 25 1.1% too slow

275/35/17 = 24.6 0.7% too fast

275/40/17 = 25.7 3.7% too slow

What are you doing for tires?

Agree on those tires. A 275 is pretty darn wide.

I've been walking around taking pictures of tires and widths..

Kim told me there was one set in HyperBlack and 5 people trying to buy it.

I don't want my money sitting there for months waiting on stock.

I need a 25" or 26" tire for my 4.375 R200 being installed.

Don't even have my speedo hooked up...

post-1894-034147700 1322682109_thumb.jpg

Agree on those tires. A 275 is pretty darn wide.

I've been walking around taking pictures of tires and widths..

Kim told me there was one set in HyperBlack and 5 people trying to buy it.

I don't want my money sitting there for months waiting on stock.

I need a 25" or 26" tire for my 4.375 R200 being installed.

Don't even have my speedo hooked up...

post-1894-034147700 1322682109_thumb.jpg

I ordered the hyper black. I hope that is what I am getting lol.

Yeah, 275 is too wide for me. I think I will end up with 245 all around. I may go wider in the back eventually just because you can with a 9.5 rim. I don't want it too look odd, like a jacked up hot wheels car so i am leaning to the 245.

I have a 255 on the rear of my daily driver and it looks big, and that car is a bigger car (IS350).

Hey Dutchiez, I'm so jealous.I see your in Ontario, I'm in Toronto and wanting to order the same setup as you just did...Would you mind if I came out and had a look at the rims? and i have a set of flare you could try on to see what it looks like.

Thanks, Dean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure, if you want...if you dont mind the drive to freezing cold Ottawa :). I would just go ahead and order them if i were you, before they are gone. you will be glad you did. already have the flares sitting in the basement...gonna sand and paint them satin black.

Rich

Hey Dutchiez, I'm so jealous.I see your in Ontario, I'm in Toronto and wanting to order the same setup as you just did...Would you mind if I came out and had a look at the rims? and i have a set of flare you could try on to see what it looks like.

Thanks, Dean