HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Just a heads up. A couple people were wondering if their local Rota dealer could distribute the wheels for them because Kim can be hard to communicate with. After speaking with Kim this will not be possible. The reason we enjoy such a low rate ($750 shipped) for these wheels is due to the fact that the Rota dealer network does not have access to these wheels. Normal Rota dealers cannot sell these wheels. I was presented with the option of either allowing the dealers to sell the wheels, which would raise their price to approximately $900 a set, or keeping the group buy as is. I decided to stick with the group buy as is. I think it is in the best interest of the community to save us all $150 a set despite the communication difficulties some have experienced.

We are essentially getting the dealer price for these wheels, allowing dealers to buy these wheels would drive our price up to MSRP since Rota needs to protect their dealer network. Additionally these wheels are basically exclusive to HybridZ and its members. Apparently many dealers have been asking for these wheels but out of courtesy he has been giving us an exclusive this whole time because he wants to respect our custom design/sizing. Kim has really helped us out a lot with this. If you need any assistance communicating with Kim, I, as always, will be willing to assist you, just PM me. Do at least TRY first because I am in my last year of college studying engineering and I really don't have time to do anything. Thanks and enjoy! =]

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to share my new walking shoes so I don't need to keep using my running shoes for walking.

th_IMG_6147.jpg

Running shoes 15x9.5 -19, 15x10 -25 watanabe

th_TueMar09203927EST2010.jpg

Walking shoes 17x9 -13, 17x9.5 -19 RB-R

Thanks Rudy for all your hard work.

Just want to share my new walking shoes so I don't need to keep using my running shoes for walking.

th_IMG_6147.jpg

Running shoes 15x9.5 -19, 15x10 -25 watanabe

th_TueMar09203927EST2010.jpg

Walking shoes 17x9 -13, 17x9.5 -19 RB-R

Thanks Rudy for all your hard work.

May I be the first to say that is a clean N2 hachi right there!

I did a quick search and didn't see the answer. . I have a set of 17X9 & 9.5 on back order and want to go with the toyota brake upgrade (prefer the vented upgrade) will these brakes fit without spacers? anyone running this setup? thanks

I did a quick search and didn't see the answer. . I have a set of 17X9 & 9.5 on back order and want to go with the toyota brake upgrade (prefer the vented upgrade) will these brakes fit without spacers? anyone running this setup? thanks

I'm pretty sure the toyota brakes clear most 15" wheels and some 14" ones. Look at the sticky. It will fit though.

I have the Toyota caliper and vented rotor setup in the pictures below. The Rota 17x9's clear those calipers with no problems. The stock 14" steel rims (seen in the pictures) even cleared the calipers.

tn_full_Image002jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

tn_full_Image001jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Nigel

'73 240ZT

What about the larger "finned" toyota calipers and these wheels. I searched every page and didn't see anyone using the larger caliper.

TIA,

Scott

Pretty sure it will clear. The ID on these wheels has got to be pretty big. I don't think the calipers are that large.

Pretty sure it will clear. The ID on these wheels has got to be pretty big. I don't think the calipers are that large.

It's not interference with the ID of the rims that's a concern, because as I already pointed out, these calipers will fit within the diameter of a 14" rim. Interference with the hub and spokes is what you have to watch out for. If I have time this weekend, I'll see if I can take some meaningful measurements so somebody with the bigger calipers can determine if they'll clear.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

It's not interference with the ID of the rims that's a concern, because as I already pointed out, these calipers will fit within the diameter of a 14" rim. Interference with the hub and spokes is what you have to watch out for. If I have time this weekend, I'll see if I can take some meaningful measurements so somebody with the bigger calipers can determine if they'll clear.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Oh I see, I don't think there should be a problem but I guess you never know. Better to know before spending $$ on wheels. B)

for the people that ordered by mailing in a money order, who did you make the money order out to? the company or kim? and did you mail it to this address?

Cosmic Marketing Corp.

28301 Industrial Blvd Suite V

Hayward, CA 94545

i got my tax return and have the money order ready to mail for my rims but as you all know, kim is slow at replying to email so hasnt returned the email asking for the address and who to make the money order out to etc... thanks.

edit: ok, i was able to reach him by phone. he said to make it out to and mail it to

Cosmic Marketing Corp.

28301 Industrial Blvd Suite V, Hayward, CA 94545

just an fyi in case anyone else needs to know. i cant wait till my rims arrive. :D

Edited by williamb82