HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

So has anyone noticed the front center caps are about 1 inch to shallow?

I can not get mine to fit, and we took his wheel off, put the cap on the wheel, then put the wheel back on the front. Hoke tightened it down and it busted the cap out the center.

Anyone else notice this?

Question.. I would like to get a set of "17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear". Would the contact infomation in the first post still be good? Is there a better way to order? unless someone here is looking to sell theirs?

Edited by MREDDLE

figured id post pics of my wheels. comparisons of 17x7.5 +4, 17x8.5 =4 and 17x9 -13. i started out with 17x8.5 +4 front and 17x9 -13 rear. problem is the 17x9's have way less lip then the 17x8.5's, so would look wierd on the car with more lip up front. plus with the -13 offset, if i run a 275/40/17 drag radial as i plan, itll rub badly. so i sent the 17x9's back and got 2 17x7.5 +4 for the front instead, and moved the 17x 8.5's to the rear. they are hyper black centers with polished lip.

17x9 -13 left, 17x8.5 +4 right

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

this is the 17x8.5 on the rear

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

this is 17x7.5 +4 left and 17x8.5 +4 right

Picture059.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture063.jpg

17x7.5 +4

Picture064.jpg

17x8.5 +4

Picture065.jpg

ill try to post pics once i have tires and moutn them on the car. the 17x7.5 has tons of clearance for calipers for a bbk due to the thicker pad on the mounting surface.

That is kind of apples to oranges considering you are comparing a 17x9 -13 RB-R to a 17x8.5 +4 RB. They are not the same style of wheel, hence why they don't look good together. They simply aren't the same design. The 17x8.5" RB might be called an RB-R if they don't make both styles, but the center style on that wheel is the RB style not the RB-R style. It is a bit confusing, but the 17x9 you can see the center is more sunken in and does not have the curved spokes of the 17x8.5". That center is the RB-R center, the RB center curves outward affording more lip, but resulting in a different look/feeling. You would want a 17x9" RB and a 17x8.5" RB or a 17x9" RB-R and a 17x8.5" RB-R. In any case, looks good, enjoy!

Edited by rudypoochris

Williamb I think you found a great looking combination for us that don't want to run flares and if those fronts will clear the large Toyota calipers that is great news as well. Looking forward to seeing some pics installed.

Regards,

Scott

I really want to learn how to weld just so I can get this rims. I wish I knew someone out around Orange,CA to help me cut my fenders and throw some flares on them! **SIGH** Guess I'll just be buying them now and adding them later.

The ZG flares require no welding... if you are willing to go that route.

True, but if I want to go with the 17x9's in the front and 9.5's in the back, from my reading this thread, it WILL require that I cut the fenders to allow for travel. I really want these rims, so I guess I'll be needed to learn sooner or later right? haha

You need to cut the fenders, you do not need to know how to weld. Learning how to weld can't hurt though! =]

(Sorry to keep going off track here)

But, I was under the impression that because of the car being uni-body, if we do not stitch weld (forgive me if that is the wrong type of welding) the fenders back together, the structural strength of our cars will degrade. And for a car that is already 35+ years old . . . we need every bit of structural strength possible. Sorry if I am wrong, I have just been reading and reading and reading about this stuff.

Many of us reweld the rear inner and outer fender lips back together. I agree it is somewhat structural, so do it.

Welding it back together is the thing to do! Find Austin's (240hoke) write up on cutting the fenders and you will see how he did it, he has pictures in the thread.