HybridZ

Tri-state (NYC) Z's try#2

EvilC

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think he was there hiking with his GF or wife and started ignoring her when he saw all the Z's.

PS. (inside joke) I really wish I had a green ticket or blue ticket or whatever, in my pocket to sell to that yuppie guy that was asking where he could buy green tickets. I could have sold it to him for like $50 and then we could have officially donned me the first PRIC of the PRICZ club.

Yeah I think he was there hiking with his GF or wife and started ignoring her when he saw all the Z's.

PS. (inside joke) I really wish I had a green ticket or blue ticket or whatever, in my pocket to sell to that yuppie guy that was asking where he could buy green tickets. I could have sold it to him for like $50 and then we could have officially donned me the first PRIC of the PRICZ club.

You mean our friend Biff? or was it Chad? either way.

Wow, diamonds in the rough guys. A lot of work ahead of you both for sure, but it will be worth it!

I consulted my girlfriend; the mystery guy "appeared out of nowhere" she says. I guess interested bystander is a correct identification. I wish I had noticed sooner; maybe we could have made a Z guy out of him!

Guest G0tJules

Hey guys!

I'm glad you liked the pictures I took hanging out of the sunroof and out the side of the Clive's car. I have a couple more action shots. Ill post them tonight.

It was really great to meat all of you. I've been on Hybrid... sitting here quietly... just reading and reading... just trying to figure a couple of things out and see which direction I want to go.

Ive been thinking about a couple of issues that I'm gonna have in owning a Z.

I live in Harlem, NYC. In an apt. With no garage to park my ride. That limits me to a certain degree. I prob cant have a nice looking ride. No flashy paint job. Prob not even a normal old stock paint job either. But love the look of Zero's car, so Clive and I will prob grab a couple of flat black spray cans and go to town. Wheels... gotta be ugly too! Engine... Now thats a different story. I love the idea of a turbo 6!

So here's the plan...

1. I need to get a s30 beater. Stock everything is totally fine with me. Something cheap that runs from the get will be right up my alley. From there im good.

2. I would like to get my hands on a L28ET. As long as I have it in my possession I can slowly work on it till time comes for the swap. Ill keep it in my living room and refer to it as art! LOL

So if you guys could keep a look out for me for steals that would be great!

Driving on those roads Saturday has really left me wanting more.

Thanks!

-Julian

I got the same impression of the plaid-shorted bystander gentleman. I spotted him several times during the course of the afternoon, at times accompanined by his gf(?). He didn't seem to engage in any conversations.

On a related note, I also have photos from the event that my son took, but getting them from him has proven difficult, I will post them when I get them. Of course most were probably of his own car LOL.

Guest 83datsun280zx

I would love the idea of an "official" club. I will not however be abel to attend the next meet as I leave the 25th for college