HybridZ

Tri-state (NYC) Z's try#2

EvilC

Well I'm equidistant from either, but honestly I'd prefer CT just because I anticipate a more pleasant drive- more backroads, fewer highways. Whatever you all decide keep me posted. And thanks to those who generously offered their properties for a meet, and Clive for being the organizer!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going well so far....We need to figure out how far people want to travel. I thought maybe we go by the drive to the location we pick....or maybe we meet up and go for a nice cruise to another area. I do like the sound of paintball!!....By next friday we will have this place fig out....so the can the 2 people willing to host please list pros n cons of their spot.

I am guessing maybe 10 cars------10-25 people------and maybe some food and a drive......lets start to get this ball moving. Thanks to all who have had some input so far. I am trying to get a few other Z drivers who are not apart of HBZ.....more the better.

Clive

I drove my Z to work today...the long way. It's about a 100 mile round trip and I DID NOT want to stop driving. The car is running so well, I wanted to just drive and drive. So pick a nice day and I'll drive all day. Let's try to make a rain date as well so we have a backup plan. CT sounds nice....but MOST of the list is from Jersey. Northern Jersey or my area would be cool too. It's Putnam Valley, NY somewhat centrally located to most of us. The roads here are phenominal and we probably could use the town park. It has all the amenities, sports fields, sand volleyball, roller hockey..., ..but no alcohol. :-(

Well I can't compete with paintball or the "field" that Airjockey has for a back yard but I can support about 10 cars and I do have a decent sized garage and back yard/deck to hang out an shoot the s**t. Of course barbacue and fridge in the garage as well. I think I'm pretty centrally located between everyone on this thread but I'll go anywhere that is decided.

Joe

OK new idea....everyone post your zip. I will see who has the longest trip from the 3 locations we have in mind. Also with that post, let us know if you plan on driving your z or a car you would not mind taking for a ride. Thanks

Well, whatever everyone decides is fine. I know my red Z will get pulled over if I get anywhere near an area where cops are pricks...since I have a hooker compitition header, and 4 cherry bombs on some dual pipes...a long drive is out for me with the beast.

So, if everyone decides to have the meet somewhere outside of CT, I might not make it.

But I have decided to have a meet at my place for a summer bash party for the NE, and most of my good friends will show up, some have Z's, honda's, BMW's, 240SX's, AE86's, Mini Cooper's, Subaru's...almost mostly an Import meet. It will be a sweet time like all my meets.

The date will be August 18th, near Hubbard Park in Meriden, CT, 06451. Not sure if I'll plan a rain date. I'm doing renovations to the house, so it may be a mess, or it might be mostly completed...depends on how much sleep I don't get.

This will be an all invite, so if your Z doesn't run, bring what will get you there. For the people coming from MA, NY, NJ, and elsewhere, you can bring a tent and crash in the back yard or a sleeping bag and crash in the house.

BBQ, BYOBeer, BYOBeef, BYOLawnchair,....etc.

Swap meet...if you have parts to unload, or think someone might have something you can barter from them...then game on. I got wheels and a few parts that I could let go, and I even have a few cars if the offer is right.

Back yard.... it's huge. Don't worry about parking....