HybridZ

new project? 78 510

skillet

whats up guys. i have a chance to pick up a 78 510 4dr dirt cheap. it runs but has some bad wheel bearings and needs some love. i dont have time for another project at the moment but i dont want to pass up something i might regret later. anyone have any thoughts on this car? or any pics that might motivate me?

663468_178_full.jpg

663468_177_full.jpg

• Administrators

If you were thinking it may be the same as the world famous ’68-’73 Datsun 510, as pictured above, it is not. It only shares the badge and utilizes an L-4 for power plant.

http://www.datsuns.com/modelguide/modelguide-hl510.htm

Noting special there, it would have to be REAL cheap, like haul it off and its yours kind of cheap. If the engine runs, heater blows hot, wipers work, interior is intact, maybe $150…. Or if you are just really really bored…

Alexidways,... Could you please post your pics stacked vertically instead of horizontally?

Nice pics by the way.

Thanks for sharing.

OK, I posted these pics without noticing that the 510 you were looking at was the later version. I then deleted my post for being so stupid but, I still felt these pics were worth seeing for everyone. Sorry for not being cautious of what I post, I didn't meant to give misleading info...

So, the "pics above" that BRAAP mentioned in his post aren't out of his imagination, I just deleted and reposted.

Datsun-510-Racecar.jpg

Datsun510.jpg

G8.jpg

andy_klink.jpg

wag_side.jpg

readers_dime_4_3_01.jpg

readers_dime_6_3_01.jpg

readers_dime_6_2_01.jpg

readers_dime_5_4_01.jpg

pic4.jpg

Todd_Kenkco.jpg

3_qtr_lft_front.jpg

chbissey_06.jpg

MichaelEckhardt02.jpg

BCaskey_dside.jpg

todd3.jpg

AZ510.jpg

dthm2.jpg

Blacksan.jpg

510_001b.jpg

510_001a.jpg

dec24_05.jpg

98sahill_front.jpg

bre510_07.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup... Can't believe I sold the one I had found but, it was such a good offer, I couldn't refuse. Like 3 times what I paid for it.

I still hate myself for doing so though. I'll probably never find another one as clean as that one.

I bought the Z shortly after though so, it's not that bad after all...