HybridZ

280z vs '03 z06 on the treadmill

Z U L8R

this was thursday night. not sure exactly how much over 400 he was but you know guys in american cars always sandbag :icon45:. he had no passenger, i had a cameraman. all footage is computer generated and done on a giant treadmill in mexico. btw he called me out at the meet up spot so.....:ass:

50ish-120 , you see he kinda leaves early but whatever lol

enjoy

Dave

i've got the NEW new camera setup working, but i blew some relays with the old one, but it should good to go this weekend if you wanted to take some video ... and i broke my spindle pin off on one of the corners so it's taking a lil longer to get it together, but once my suspension is in i'm going to give you a call and have you introduce me to "turbo dave" ... maybe end of next week

You truly walked away from that Vette.Excellant vid!
hey i'm running a 4.11 out of a 200sx, i haven't been to the track yet but just curious as to your power for you to run that 11.4, so i can get a ball park for myself. thx by the way :D

=]

those are good pics

that was my first motor before the timing belt broke and bent 234,234,426,564,234 valves, my pressure plate's too stiff also, as there's a lot of play in that crank ie thrust bearing aka "crank walk."

the new motor i didn't paint the valve covers. old motor's slowly getting a full build. gotta finish my eclipse gsx first so i can have more funds to play with.

Dyno's lie almost as bad as Ricers.I would trust a formula based on car weight and E.T. to figure true HP.Scotty had one posted up here somewhere a while back,but I dont recall the details.I would figure though about 330 to 350RWHP on motor and low/mid 400 ft lb torque. from about 2500rpm up.The nitrous adds about 150hp or so.Others have gone faster with less.

correct.

my timing belt started squeeling on the first motor. it had a GReddy. i caught it in time and replaced it with a brand new Pit Work timing belt, along with a brand new tensioner pulley which is the same as a z31. the idler pulley i got from my friend at Lethal injection (who i do wiring and diagnostics for on the side), brand new nissan part. I didn't really see any seizing pulley's or obvious problems so i changed the belt.....day and a half later going 35mph down holcomb bridge i hear pop, grrrrrrraaaaaaack, smoke, no power...roll into the krystals right by 400. pop the hood there's belt shavings all over the timing cover etc.

got a new motor from Best Japanese out of New Jersey (even though they have one here in GA) off of ebay for $1115 shipped, motor only however it did come with a wiring harness that i can easily repair the 2-3 wires that are jacked up from transport.

soon as i got the new motor i put in a 1.2mm commetic mls headgasket and arp studs. the studs i re-used out of the old motor, torqued it down to 78-80ft lbs with my digi snap-on tech wrench ^_^

upon dissassembly of the old motor the crank will go forward and backward about a quarter inch ie thrust bearing is crap. that OS Geiken super single pressure plate is a beast, and that's probably what caused the crankwalk. i dunno without a shadow of a doubt whether that alone was the culprit to my timing belt breaking but whatever.

"if it's broke, it was meant to be upgraded"

i got a retune with the new motor and both dyno's were the same give or take 2-5 horse. then i came back with race gas and putting 2 degrees more timing across the map /w the power fc on the 100 octane didn't really add anything so i put the timing back to what it was and turned the boost up 2 lb's while monitering my nox and 20 psi compared to 22 psi at 3700rpm it makes 260 tq, on 22 psi it's making 350 ft lb's @ 3700 rpm lol driving the difference feels great, i've probably put $20 of pump in it in the last 2 weeks and $200 worth of 100octane unleaded lol.

this saturday i'm hoping my friend kirby (rich ass old man, cool as a fan) comes up so i can run his custom Ford GT roadster. he just had the guy's chop the top on it it's sexy. he's making 610rwhp with the blower on it now, he tried to put the bigger blower on it but it wouldn't clear the new re-enforcements from removing the top.

bubbleguinea nice pics, i'm going to have to come out sometime ... i'm currently working on my suspension, then i'm going to have someone dave knows put an exhaust on and tune it (hopefully).

i'm on vacation next week, and will be spending a few days in florida, but the rest of the time i'im going to try to get the car ready for tuning.

and dave, that's a crazy story, i'll talk to you about it next week ... i'll give you a call and you guys should come over sometime.