HybridZ

modifiying returnless fuel system..? can anyone help me with this.?

crazyFaizy

:-| greeting comrades,,,,my issue here is technical and as it seems here..,my fuel injection is a returnless fuel system style and wish to fabricate a turbocharger for it,,,,but the only way i kow is IF only it is the conventional fuel system style,,,,that way i can add a fuel presure regulator,,

and my qusttion is there an efficient way to fix this problem..? target Psi is between 7 to 10 on stocke internals,,

oh is there somthing else i should be aware of..(sensors or anything.?) thanks alot:mrgreen: thanks for you guys ....

its a Honda accord 1997 with an f20b2 engine (yes never came to usa but alternatively the f22 did) but it revs like crazy due its sohc valve train..its the best advantage over dohc and i like it,,anyway

multi point fuel injection with rails,,no return lines stock fuel pump....what else..? its a automatic transmition (4 speed)

comprestion ratio is 9.1

if ya need more data let me know

umm perhaps its not my first language..(the speling thing) i mean look at the localtion (UAE) its good enought im speaking like this ?, perhaps i do have a nissan (nissan cedric) and posted before ? ,, but didnt bother to check and pretend ya some sort of camedain .? perhaps I dont giva a s♥♥♥ about your interploted langauge.?

oh hey im registerd to honda forumes im just expanding my resultz..one another thing,,alll brands uses returnless fuel system LIKE i sAid up there its a general thing,,not only honda uses this method,,,BUT nooo ya had to act like ya knew whats going on and said : OHH perhaps ya need a honda forum ?,,(sarcastic face exprerstion)

and finaly perhaps ya realized that i dont tolerate ya inferior specimen,,

now,,back to our main discustion ill be waiting for some friednly people to answere back....other than that please dont bother,,,ITS NOT HONDA AGIENST NISSAN PEOPLE its a friendly chat ...INCASE if thats the thing going on here with one or two of ya guys....SALUUTE...

• 1 month later...

Well heck if you don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about our 'interploted' language, then ask elsewhere. As a matter of fact, it DOES matter what vehicle it is as every car is different. The electronics is the hard part to get around; not the matter of plumbing a regulator and return system and removing the regulation in the tank. Fool. And no, you didn't start a 'friednly' discussion. SALUUTE back at you.

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's an old thread, but in the case that he comes back on here. I mean heck, why not have someone come on here and start a thread: "HELP. I can't figure out how to install my AEM intake on my honda."

Wizard, everything is OK, everything is fine, calm, calm....

crazyFaizy email echoed me the above post, his being pissed and all, and I answered back real calmly and explained why I had been critical, and then he emailed me back more-or-less apologizing and we talked back and forth about a couple of technical things for a while. His question was badly garbled in his posting, but I managed to figure it out. The thing was, English is his third or fourth language, and he had heard that HybridZ was the place where you went when you want the correct answer, especially when the question is a bit out of the ordinary. I'm not sure that he got the Datsun-centric nature of the site, and to be fair, we have quite a bit of stuff here that isn't explicitly Datsunny - I just for example finished looking at a couple of dozen pictures of Ferraris. He just thought it was a site for hyper-enthusiastic super gearheads with too much brains and not enough money, and really, he was right - he just didn't get that it was a site for hyper-enthusiastic super Datsun gearheads with too much brains and not enough money!

If you aren't set on keeping it as a single line system, you could run a second line back to the tank as a return. Doing so would allow the use of a "normal" fuel pressure regulator, much as you would on other cars.

One solution I saw someone talk about not too long ago, they installed the fuel pressure regulator back near the tank, with a short return tube back into the tank. Then you only have the single line running to the engine, but it's still capable of varying the fuel pressure at the demands of the engine management system.

I don't know if this really works for your application, not knowing Hondas, or your project in specific, but if you are intending to use a rising rate regulator, or something along that line, it should work fairly well.

Pressure doesn't tend to drop much over distance, when working with liquids, so the pressure shouldn't vary much between having the regulator in the engine bay, or having it at the fuel tank.

I had to put a return line fuel system on an RX8. The computer in the car varies voltage to the OEM fuel pump to control fuel pressure. What we did was trick the computer into sending full voltage to the fuel pump all the time. I then modified the existing fuel rail to run to a Aeromotive FPR and ran a return line back to the fuel pump side of the stock fuel tank top plate.

FuelSys-1.jpg

That is my point. Every vehicle is different. Most new cars have a closed loop system with fuel pressure sensors and variable voltage to the pump. Mustangs also use this type of system and require intimate knowledge of reflashing the ECU to get it to work with an uprated pump; let alone trying to go return style.