HybridZ

making the dash fully fabric?

k3werra

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

I hope you're bringing it to the convention in October at Daytona!

I had my dash as well as all the plastic panels covered in Soft Touch vinyl which simulates a fine soft leather. I would rate it 10+ on the difficulty scale. 10 being the most difficult. Unless you are a expert upholsterer, covering the dash is best left up to a quality oriented professional.

PDR_21081.JPG

P10100133.JPG

P10100081.JPG

Sorry guys for the slow responses. It has been a busy week with a new job and the usual family fray.

I see you have a darker color around the cluster, is it just a different color or is it a different material????

It's kind of hard to see on the pictures...

By the way, that is simply awe inspiring.

It is black Soft Touch leather like vinyl. Initially it was going to be all one color....the silver gray (Iron -Soft Touch) however for some reason the gray vinyl had a tendency to wrinkle too much around the instrument cluster. So I decided to contrast with the black that was not prone to doing that. IMO it turned out even better.

Jackhammer - Got an estimate of cost on the reupholstering of the dash and door panels?

- Greg -

Not really....I had the entire interior done....and was close to $3000.00.

I have asked this and got no response....trade secret I guess...

Texis....I apologize. No trade secrets...just extremely busy. As far as individual costs for just the dash or door panels... I am not really able to answer that because I had Mike do my entire interior at once.

When you are visiting your in-laws please stop by....It would be great to meet you and I would love to show you the car.

Has anyone built a dash from carbon fiber? would look great and be light weight too. There must be a company doing this?

i think that CF for a dash would n't be ideal because if the dash is shiny it will reflect the sun's light into our eyes, either directly or reflecting off of the windshield

and that suede looks NICE

i think that CF for a dash would n't be ideal because if the dash is shiny it will reflect the sun's light into our eyes, either directly or reflecting off of the windshield

and that suede looks NICE

You could always use a "SATIN" clear coat over the last layer of resin...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years ago, I went to a car show where there was this focus rally car on display, the dash was covered in a fuzzy like anti-glare (well I suppose that's what it was used for) stuff that, at first sight looked like suede but, upon closer examination, seemed to be SPRAYED ON.

What brung me to believe this, was the fact that the original vents in the dash were fuzzy too and seemed stuck in place from the stuff...

Anybody knows or seen what I'm talking about???