HybridZ

making the dash fully fabric?

k3werra

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I inquired about flocking product.The first response was broad and I didn't pursue it.Today I get this response, Much more to the point.

DonJer Products is a distributor of rayon and nylon flock fibers in smaller quantities (1 lb to 100 lbs.). Attached you will find a photo of an automotive interior that was flocked with our product. If you would like more information please contact us at 800-336-6537.

Thank you,

Jill Goldman

DonJer Products Corp

v88.jpg

Flocking comes in a huge variety of colors. I have never flocked but its a popular car audio installer technique.

Don't know about texture variation.

IMO too much flocking looks very generic. It looks great as a highlighting feature but not as a main attraction. That interior above looks clean, but very plain and boring.

You can't compare the amount of work flocking vs. fabric, flocking is SO much easier.

Evan

Has anyone looked into using this paint as an interior treatment.

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/softtouch/softtouch.htm

It says that the final product has a soft feel to it and the way the light hits it is kind of cool. I think primering the dashboard and then painting it black with the soft-touch stuff might be kind of cool. It would probably make the dash look less "plasticky".

• 1 month later...

I had a long conversation with the manufacturer of the flocking products linked in this thread. A good conversation at that. I am awaiting in the mail samples of the product that they provide. They can apply the product two different ways. 1. with a air gun. 2. electrostaticly....I want to see the difference before I get it done. I am in the mean time ordering my new Corbeau seats in microsuede so that they will be here when I get the samples. I want to match up everything.... i.e. dash, center consolue, and seats. I will then figure out what to do with the rest of the interior. I am also installing a carpet kit that I just got from MSA as well. So hopefully the interior will be almost 100% for the JCC show on January 25th here in Houston........

I had a long conversation with the manufacturer of the flocking products linked in this thread. A good conversation at that. I am awaiting in the mail samples of the product that they provide. They can apply the product two different ways. 1. with a air gun. 2. electrostaticly....I want to see the difference before I get it done. I am in the mean time ordering my new Corbeau seats in microsuede so that they will be here when I get the samples. I want to match up everything.... i.e. dash, center consolue, and seats. I will then figure out what to do with the rest of the interior. I am also installing a carpet kit that I just got from MSA as well. So hopefully the interior will be almost 100% for the JCC show on January 25th here in Houston........

Cool. Glad to see others,Evan Purple240zt and yourself picked up with Don-Jer where I left off ..since I was only curious about $$$, finding out if I could pursue my new interior ideas or just dream on.

Keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Don-Jer is about an hour from here. I guess its just a persons house that a business is run out of.

I had gotten a sample of it. It not suede, it does have a nice look. The feel is alot more coarse (as you would expect with a plastic based product). I still like it, and feel that it provides a nice accent. Its not something I would want my entire interior covered in.

Evan

texis300, let us know what you decide. If I ever need anything flocked I can hand deliver it which is great.