HybridZ

In need of wheel spacer help

Been looking around for a while and searching for the best place to get a 25mm spacer for the front of my Z and it is getting very confusing....Ive come up with companies who supply 4x114.3 spacers, that are hubcentric, lugcentric, and have certain bores etc. I know what everything means now I am just looking for someone to say

"Hey, this is what everyone uses for a spacer" and then be done with it.

I know a popular option is the 4x100 adapters but I am trying to stay 4x114.3 lug to go with a wider option from a 240sx...so with all that said....

I need a 25mm spacer for the front of my Z....what brands are reccomended and how can I get my hands on em :)

--and as for the spacers are crap arguement.--- these spacers are going to be for a street car that doesnt see much abuse so the horror stories from spacer's response from track wear need not apply here lol.

Thanks in advance guys!

There was a string a short time ago dealing with putting the Mustang (Cobra) wheels on a Z. The vendor listed had a lot of spacers and adapters to work with. Here is the link:

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_4_Lug_4_5_To_4_Lug_4_5_p/4450-4450.htm

I'd recommend a search of "wheel spacers". It will turn up this string:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122507&highlight=wheel+spacers

• 1 month later...

How did you go with the skulte adapters?

I recently bought a custom set of adapters from them and I am very happy with the product and service.

I have a new set of 17 x 7 ROH wheels, that I bought for my WRX. But I sold the WRX unexpectedly before I used them. So I got Skulte to make a set of billet adapters to go from 1971 240Z hubs (4 x 114.3) to 5 x 100 with 45p offset. The adapters are a two part item and 2 inchs thick.

Andris was very helpful and emailed several times to make sure that I measured everything correctly and that everything would fit. They turned up in Australia in about 2 weeks from ordering them and they fit perfectly.

Andris assures me that his adapters are very strong.

I recomend them to anyone thinking of wheel adapters.

Here is what my new wheels look like on.

3667_thumb.attach

3668_thumb.attach

I bought my spacers off Ebay. TC Sportlines. Had the fronts machined out to fit over the hub in and the rears bolted on the drum no problem. Its a street car that really doesnt get any hardcore track usage so I am not worried about the heat/pressure reliability thing. Cost me 150 bucks front and rear 2" in the back 1.5inch front

I got tired of trying to source out wheel spacers for my 17"s so I just turned my own out of 6061 and went with 3" Moroso lugs. Worked out beautifully without an issue! I located a 6" dia. x 18" long piece of 6061 round stock at a surplus store for $80.00. My labor and $80.00.....not a bad price for a set of wheel spacer.

Tom

Baer brakes makes a decent set of wheel spacers, but in SAE sizes, 1" or 3/4". I got a set of 3/4" from ebay for about 65 bucks and a set of 1" directly from Baer for 72 bucks. My preference is to pick it up directly from Baer even though it's a few more bucks. You get some eye candy there.