HybridZ

EBay EMS Worth it?

S30TRBO

In my quest to find an EMS to control fuel, ignition on my 1979 Datsun 810 L28E w/ Extrudabody ITB's for the heck of it I checked Ebay.

Here is what I found:

Haltech E6: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HALTECH-E6-ENGINE-MANAGEMENT-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ230156322119QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SDS EM4E: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180143285413

The Haltch was apparently installed once and the SDS is brand new. Is it worth my time to get something to try and save some money? Or in the end will it end up costing me more? I know the old saying you get what you pay for, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any suggestions on an EMS for my setup? In my other thread in the non-tech forum some suggested Wolf but that is $2K. I don't know if I am hoping to find something to do the bare minimal, ease of installation and not really brake the bank. I am a novice to EMS installation so something where I don't need to get a degree to install is a plus!

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
Any suggestions on an EMS for my setup? In my other thread in the non-tech forum some suggested Wolf but that is $2K.

When visiting Wolf's website, you must click the American flag to see US dollars. The current exchange rate puts the system substantially under $2K, and I also offer a discount to donating members of HybridZ.