HybridZ

1974 260Z track car. Ground Up.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah looks like you had some hillbillies put that thing together.

Makes me think of my friend who bought a Dodge Challenger from Arkansas. The add said:

"Rebuilt motor top to bootum" and when they picked it up the motor was in his living room. When they got home one of the baggies was labeled "door scruws".

All that said, atleast they tried. Although that stuff on your car is just plain dangerous.

Having parts cars is an absolute must if you want to be able to do things in a decently fast manner!

All of the lose bolts remind me of my fathers '69 camaro project. We've tightened and retightened bolts on that thing a multitude of times because of the cam. I think It's really time to break out with a bottle of blue loc-tite.

• 2 months later...
Awesome. Awesome to the max.

This thread is most entertaining. :cheers:

Yeah, that square tubing brace isn't very appealing, I'm going to build one from round tubing.

Now, I'd like to create one with two mounting points on each side, so that it doesn't come out of square and create a parallelogram.

Now, I know that the diff mounts to the car via some other bars, so I don't think only having 1 mounting bolt on each side of the brace will matter.

Just put more zipties on it and you'll be fine. :P

You mean the mustache bar for the diffy? Yeah, that crossbrace is just for the suspension verticals--keeps the a-arms square. I thought welding on them would make them brittle or crack because the original steel is heat treated, but hey if it works, I'm putting in a finned cover soon so I'll have to do something similar. Probably not that crucial so long as they work. I already drilled holes in my verticals to mount a fuel pump, which will have to move with the new diffy install.

Kudos!