• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh whats happening!

6litrez005.jpg

6litrez006.jpg

6litrez007.jpg

I need a solution for the belt shredder alternator setup. I believe the LQ9 still has the truck water pump on it, so if I did LS1 accessories I would also need the water pump.. anyone have any ideas?

If you look at the pic of the LQ9 motor from GM it has a fitting on the top of the water pump, whereas mine has it coming out of the front like the LS1 styles. Do I already have an LS1 water pump?

06_ENGB_SMBL_LQ9_01.jpg

It looks like I do.. but from what I remember they had put a truck water pump pully on.. I don't know what difference it makes, I believe the truck pully is narrower.

It's an LS1 water pump and there's a LQ9 pully on it.

Its crazy what you're doing to the car, I'm glad you're fixing it up so much. The guy who ghetto rigged everything in that thing is out of the house and I'm starting my 510 project now. As you might guess I'm not letting him touch that car at all.

I'm trying to make sense of the duct tape... why?

But on the note of the wiring, reminds me a bit of my 280Zs wiring. There were speakers, but no radio. There was a switch with a cover that I just assumed to be a fuel pump switch, and I accidentally disconnected it. Turns out that switch did NOTHING! It was there for show. I'm sure theres more I'm forgetting, but when I think back on these things I don't regret taking my car completely apart, rendering it immobile quite so much.

I'm trying to make sense of the duct tape...

Looks like a permanent fix to me. Problem solved, on to the next project.

On a side note, I dream of having the time to take apart my interior and cut the fat like you're doing, really puts your mind at ease I'm sure. That said, I don't envy you one bit. :P

Yeah, that'll do it. ;)

themoreyouknow.jpg

Did you clip all those other wires or where they like that as well? Man, what a mess. I was losing power once because the battery holder was bouncing up and hitting the terminal, my sister was losing power because of a rat chewing on the wires from it's nest under the hood, and a friend's car decides to lose power for a few days out of the year even though we can't find any problems yet. Long story short, you're in good company. :)

New route, instead of spending time on the 240z, I'm stripping it down and getting parts off it.

That way I can focus on the 260Z fab. hopefully have it ready to run this summer.

6litrez025.jpg

Anyone interested in buying a 240Z shell?

How about the wheels?

6litrez024.jpg

Here I was cleaning up where the main hoop will mount, looking at what others have done, I think I will box in the corner to weld the main hoop to, as driver and passenger side are different.

6litrez026.jpg

Wow, so many questions. First, what the hell, why? :'( Also, I thought the black car was the 260...

Second, which parts are viable, ie to sell as unscathed? Is the airdam urethane? What specs are the rims? Does the hatch glass have horizontal defrost intact? Any nice chrome parts or emblems for cheap? What's the story on those coilovers? Are the door window squeegies in one piece? Do you still have the louvers?

The 240Z was taken out of commission because it was a distraction, and totally unsafe.

For instance, when removing the engine from the transmission, there were 2/8 bolts missing, and most were not very tight.

The wheels are sportmax 002 16x8's.