HybridZ

1974 260Z track car. Ground Up.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White primer on the rear, and left rear.

But most of the car has..

Really thick yellow.

Really thick orange.

Black primer?

Original blue.

One application of Aircraft remover removes Yellow and orange, followed by scraping. Then the second application takes off whats left.

If it were just original paint, it would remove it in less than 20 seconds.

OMG.. I'm impressed with how well this stripper works, but at the same time I'm asking myself "WHY?".

well you can do a combo, let the car sit in death valley ford a few weeks then hit it with the aircraft remover. =D well i did the aircraft remover on my dads 1970 delta 88 and im starting to do it on my brothers 1966 ford mustang, but it can get very very tedious, i found my remover at autozone, they usually have 2 kinds, the Klean Strip and the Rustoleum, ive never tried the Rusto but this process takes ages if there is more than 2 coats, and it burns when it gets on your skin, so if you plan on doing this, wear thick gloves and a jumpsuit, or keep a bucket of water ready.

but neways, those rims are bad ass, holy crap man, with those tires can you say sticky? hahahhahaha

Have you weighed the wheels? .., just curious how much they weigh.
The website says 22lbs a piece. They are a bit heavy, but they're huge.

Hey, Awesome build! Im dying to know where you got those gauges, Please PM me where you got them! My tach and some other gauges are goin on my 78 280z, I needz me some new ones before I get my turbo(s)!

The gauges are Auto-meter Pro-comp ultralights. You should be able to find them online. There is also a thread posted about how you go about getting them into the stock gauge buckets.

I so do not miss doing that! I've done 3 cars and always say never again. The yellow car in my avatar was 4 different colors before I got it. I used 4 gallons on that car using the stripper to also remove any bondo I found.

Anyway, you are doing great work!

Joe