HybridZ

1974 260Z track car. Ground Up.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I found an add on craigslist while I was searching for Z06's for fabrication.

He said he has lots of experience with roll cages, and other related stuff, so I inquired about how much it would be to weld my 12 point cage in my car.

I got an E-mail back, he said $500, everything perfectly notched and TIG welded. Wow, that's a great price. Then I got to thinking, hmm, I bought a Miller TIG welder

for this project, and I can weld with both hands tied behind my back, but I dont have any experience fitting tubing. So I asked how much it would be just to fit the cage and tack

it, as I could do the TIG welding myself. He said it would be $200 for notching and tacking everything. Or if I still wanted him to do it, $350 for the whole thing done!

Wow, now that is a great deal! Im borrowing a trailer to take it down sometime. I have so many projects going right now, I just don't have much time for anything!

Pics soon.. lol, like within a month.

Edited by MoNkEyT88

I might actually catch up to you this summer! I'm hoping to have the roll bar and bodywork finished before the next semester starts. I'm considering IMSA style flares but I haven't found a front end I like.

Wow, this guy does some really awesome work!!

He said he'd like to get some more business so I should spread the word. I was very impressed with all the welds and projects hes working on.

A lot of the people funding the projects are short on cash, so he has a lot of works in progress to check out. Check these out! AMAZING

I have no doubt my cage will be awesome. He's even making engine frame rails from sq tubing for me.

Hes really into the RX7's and rotarys.. VERY COOL!

If you're in the Wisconsin/chicago area and interested in how to get a hold of him you can PM me.

post-3066-12742329798001_thumb.jpg

post-3066-1274232996726_thumb.jpg

post-3066-12742330119772_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone see anything that could be added to the cage.

I'm going to add bars to the front strut towers and sheet metal gusseting to the body when I get around to it.

Have you fitted the driver's seat?

The horizontal, straight bar spanning the main hoop might keep you from getting the seat far enough back. I had to curve the bar for adequate clearance, like this:

IMG_0989-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wow, this guy does some really awesome work!!

He said he'd like to get some more business so I should spread the word. I was very impressed with all the welds and projects hes working on.

A lot of the people funding the projects are short on cash, so he has a lot of works in progress to check out. Check these out! AMAZING

I have no doubt my cage will be awesome. He's even making engine frame rails from sq tubing for me.

Hes really into the RX7's and rotarys.. VERY COOL!

If you're in the Wisconsin/chicago area and interested in how to get a hold of him you can PM me.

I might know this guy. His name wouldn't happen to be Jesse would it?

• 7 months later...