HybridZ

1974 260Z track car. Ground Up.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry haven't posted in a while guys.. Finished up the 250Z!

88bcb5de9a824c28949e012an1.jpg

You can see in this pic, the carbon fiber front splitter, and rear carbon diffuser. 18" Enkei RPF-1's. Wilwood 4 piston calipers all around.ok ok. This is a pic from Forza 2, but this is what I'd like the car to look like.

I saw a really clean 280ZX today, with some nice wide tires, really nice wheels, and Corbeau seats.. It was blue also.. damn it.. Now I really want to start kicking ass my project. It is really hard lately though due to the long hours I work. I am very tired, and the last thing I want to do is work more, but I needed some inspiration like this to kick start me.

Can't do any work today, as I have to get up at 3:00AM every day, but hey, soon..

Still have to get lots of parts disassembled and blasted.

My Jegster roll cage shipped yesterday. wee..

Just remember Rome was not built in 1 day. This isn't Overhauling or Pimp My Ride where you blow through the project and slap it together. Take you time and do it right or you'll be kicking yourself later and saying "I don't want to REDO or UNDO my work, but I wish I would've done it this way or used this part." Or else you'll end up not liking your car because you have regrets. With the pace you've been hitting it, I'm sure a lot of us wish we could get that much done.

Btw I think it might be time for another wi/il Z get together. Seems that we have quite a few more wisconsinites than we did a few years ago.

Yeah that's a great idea! I really enjoyed seeing those cars last time we had a little meet down at Mat's place! Speaking of which, where's he been?

Nice video by the way, you sure seem to have quite the sense of humor! LOL

Guy

I hadn't been really working on it for the last two weeks, I really needed some inspiration or something to get me going again. I'm going to try to work on it a little bit each day from now on.

I didn't get much done on Sunday because I was really really sick.. yeah, like hungover. :mparty:

nice R1 man! i'm buying a gsx-r the day after i finally get my car stroked and turboed. anyway, your project is the equivalent in size to mine. it's a lot of fun and even more stress at the sametime. goodluck and i look forward to seeing your finished product.

got a link to your project? I would be interested in seeing your progress too!